Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 6, 2003, 10:07 AM   #11

Quote:
I spent a year in TO and fpound Vistek quite snotty and Henry's .. well ... as Ywoolf described.

I bought my camera from the states on Ebay and had it sent over as a gift ... .paid $400 for a Fuji 3800 when it was $800 in the stores in Toronto.

Even allowing for the exchange rates, the US is so cheap it is scary.
The problem is that if you buy a Nikon Camera in the USA, the warranty will be void in Canada. So you have to get the camera from an authorized Canadian Nikon dealer.
Jarrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2003, 12:49 PM   #12

Default My Henry's Experience

UPDATE: August 6, 2003 So I had a hot pixel on my CCD - drove over to Henry's - the guy said I should take it to Nikon myself. I told him that I bought it from the store so I wouldn't have to deal with that. He said that if I take it to Nikon I could get it back within a week. He said that it would take 6 weeks if I opt to have Henry's take care of it.

I work near Nikon so it didn't make a difference to me either way - I took it in and they cleaned my CCD in 15minutes. I told them to send me the service repair papers (that's what the guy at Henry's told me to do) because if I have the same service problem twice, I will exercise my Henry's extended warranty. Which means that I could either replace the camera with a new one or get credit of the original $ I paid towards a new camera. I hope that I get another hot pixel so I can get a new camera when the technology increases and my 4500 becomes a technosaur.
Ywoolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2003, 7:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrek
Quote:
The problem is that if you buy a Nikon Camera in the USA, the warranty will be void in Canada. So you have to get the camera from an authorized Canadian Nikon dealer.
Well I bought a FUji and mailed them first to be sure they would cover the warrenty in both Canada and Australia
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote