Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-28/)
-   -   C740 vs C750 (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-28/c740-vs-c750-22242/)

CrazyHorseDave Mar 15, 2004 9:43 PM

C740 vs C750
 
Im getting ready to purchase a new digital cam and have been very happy in the past with my Olympus stylus and will probably stay in the olympus family ..

Other than a $150 price diference (and 14 days between the release!?!) does anybody know what the difference between the 740 & 750 is?

Is it worth it to spend the extra $150 for the 'latest version'?

Any and all help is appreciated.

BTW ... I also had my eye on the Kodak EasyShare DX6490 .. is this superior in any way? ... I like the docking station .. but I dont like the specific battery

Thanks
Dave

PS my first visit .. GREAT SITE!!

maury Mar 15, 2004 10:10 PM

The 750 has a hot shoe and off-camera flash connection that the 740 lacks as well as being 4mp vs 3.2.
I personally went with the 740 because my 5060 has those features and I didn't feel the extra .8 mp was worth the upgrade.

Norm in Fujino Mar 16, 2004 12:54 AM

The hot shoe is a big feature, as is the addition of ISO 50, and the body material (metal versus plastic). If those things are important to you, then the 750 is best. If you don't think you'll ever need an external flash, then go with the 740.

CrazyHorseDave Mar 16, 2004 9:50 AM

Thanks for help folks .. Im pretty sure Im goin 740 .. basically I will use it for family shots and my daughters soccer games .. so I dont think Id ever use a sepcial flash

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm in Fujino
..... as is the addition of ISO 50, and the body material (metal versus plastic)...

Being a novice Im not sure what I lose with the ISO 50 .. would you be so kind as to explain? .. as for the metal vs plastic .. I assume you mean the Kodak is plastic? Or is the 740 plastic?

Thanx again for all your help

CrazyHorseDave Mar 16, 2004 9:52 AM

Oh yeah .. one more question .. I see alot of people talking about Lens adapters .. I didnt think you could change lenses on these things. Is there a difference in this area between the 740 and 750?

Thanx Again

Norm in Fujino Mar 16, 2004 9:52 AM

The ISO 50 speed is slower, for (hopefully) less noisy photographs, but ISO 100 shouldn't be too much different.
The 740 has a plastic body; the 750's is mostly metal.

Pooperdog Mar 16, 2004 11:30 AM

>Oh yeah .. one more question .. I see alot of people talking about Lens adapters .. I didnt think you could change lenses on these things. Is there a difference in this area between the 740 and 750?

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...mp;accessory=5

I don't think there is any difference between the 740/750 with regard to add-on lenses.

CrazyHorseDave Mar 16, 2004 6:10 PM

Done Deal
 
Im ordering the camera tonight! (From buydig.com great prices if anybody is interested!)

Thanx for all your help ... this is a cool site I will be checkin in regularly for hints and tips .. and I'll share good or bad I find on my own

Thanx Again
Dave

Pooperdog Mar 16, 2004 6:22 PM

>CrazyHorseDave: Im pretty sure Im goin 740 .. basically I will use it for family shots and my daughters soccer games


Be aware that the EVF delay, focus and shutter lag can be annoying for sports shooting. You will need to learn how to work around these issues to get the shots that you want. Mostly you will have to learn to anticipate and use sequence shooting.

CrazyHorseDave Mar 16, 2004 6:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooperdog
>CrazyHorseDave: Im pretty sure Im goin 740 .. basically I will use it for family shots and my daughters soccer games


Be aware that the EVF delay, focus and shutter lag can be annoying for sports shooting. You will need to learn how to work around these issues to get the shots that you want. Mostly you will have to learn to anticipate and use sequence shooting.

somehow I get the feeling Im in the right place to learn these lessons ... I just placed the order (C740 + 128MB mem) and will check in when I get it

thanx for the tip!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:02 PM.