Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus dSLR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/)
-   -   This is about all... (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/about-all-177849/)

gjtoth Sep 30, 2010 7:24 PM

This is about all...
 
... that I'm getting these days

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_ZLESHeZ0Hyo/TK...0/p9301092.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_ZLESHeZ0Hyo/TK...0/p9301099.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_ZLESHeZ0Hyo/TK...0/p9301105.jpg

But, they sure are fun to watch in the bath!

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_ZLESHeZ0Hyo/TK...4/p9301078.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_ZLESHeZ0Hyo/TK...2/p9301082.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_ZLESHeZ0Hyo/TK...2/p9301083.jpg

HarjTT Sep 30, 2010 8:11 PM

THose are all pretty cool.. esp the last three!

jelow1966 Sep 30, 2010 9:19 PM

Indeed, I love watching birds bathe (and no I don't mean that in the British sense of the word :) ).

John

Scouse Oct 1, 2010 11:37 AM

Well damn! I was looking forward to the "Birds in the Bath" and wondering how you got them passed the censors...:)

Nice clean shots, no pun intended. Sharp and full of the fun of the moment. All of our "Spadgers' seem to have disappeared, now we know where to.

tkurkowski Oct 1, 2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelow1966 (Post 1148935)
Indeed, I love watching birds bathe (and no I don't mean that in the British sense of the word :) ).

John

Why not? ;)

Ted

gjtoth Oct 1, 2010 4:17 PM

Thanks, y'all! Subject matter has been a little limited lately due to my heart attack and subsequent "take it easy for a while" order by my cardiologist. But, I've got the go-ahead now just in time for the autumn foliage that is juuuuuust starting here.

Steven R Oct 1, 2010 4:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjtoth (Post 1149283)
Thanks, y'all! Subject matter has been a little limited lately due to my heart attack and subsequent "take it easy for a while" order by my cardiologist. But, I've got the go-ahead now just in time for the autumn foliage that is juuuuuust starting here.

Gary: we had been asking about you in another post, wondering what happened. Sorry to hear about the Heart attack, but very glad you are still with us. Thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Steve

P.S. -I recommend moving to Florida and enjoy a laid back life style!

tkurkowski Oct 1, 2010 5:19 PM

;)Gary, REALLY glad you recovered.

Don't pay any attention to Seven's suggestions about moving to Florida, unless you really like reptiles...:lachen001:

Keep in mind that he's been posting photos of gators in his back yard. This is not the same as a chipmunk in your back yard or mine ;).

gjtoth Oct 1, 2010 6:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven R (Post 1149288)
Gary: we had been asking about you in another post, wondering what happened. Sorry to hear about the Heart attack, but very glad you are still with us. Thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Steve

P.S. -I recommend moving to Florida and enjoy a laid back life style!

I lived in Charleston, SC for a few years and been down to the Keys, Steven. The lifestyle would HAVE to be laid-back. The heat and humidity would kill ya otherwise :D


Quote:

Originally Posted by tkurkowski (Post 1149311)
;)Gary, REALLY glad you recovered.

Don't pay any attention to Seven's suggestions about moving to Florida, unless you really like reptiles...:lachen001:

Keep in mind that he's been posting photos of gators in his back yard. This is not the same as a chipmunk in your back yard or mine ;).

Yeah... we had those 'gators in SC, too. No thanks! The vicious attack rabbits and such around here are perilous enough! :D

Steven R Oct 1, 2010 8:24 PM

Wimps!

Steven R Oct 1, 2010 8:37 PM

Yes guys, we have it really bad down here. But it seems to me that just last winter Ted was complaining about being barricaded in his house with this: :grin:
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/at..._2_dxo_web.jpg

tkurkowski Oct 1, 2010 8:54 PM

and what in that image would chew your butt?

Steven R Oct 1, 2010 9:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkurkowski (Post 1149432)
and what in that image would chew your butt?

Frostbite, hypothermia, frozen fingers and toes, frozen eyeballs, and the list goes on. Not to mention cabin fever. LOL :). Oh, and the hernia from trying to shovel all that snow and ice!!!

gjtoth Oct 1, 2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven R (Post 1149444)
Frostbite, hypothermia, frozen fingers and toes, frozen eyeballs, and the list goes on. Not to mention cabin fever. LOL :). Oh, and the hernia from trying to shovel all that snow and ice!!!

Got a snowblower, fireplace, pea coat and watch cap... all for the wife. heheheh She's a sport and doesn't complain too much. :rolleyes: I'm going to play this heart thing for all I can.

Scouse Oct 1, 2010 11:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gary ---- "I plan to live forever. So far, so good."

Good words to live by Gary, keep on working at it. So happy you can.

As for the weather, got a brilliant day sailing yesterday 12 miles under spinaker and my face is sunburnt again. When the weather gets cooler here, I'm gone. We're driving to Cabo San Lucas in November and back about the same time as the snow geese. Best of both worlds.

Ken

My sparrows say they're waiting under the palm trees.

tkurkowski Oct 2, 2010 7:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven R (Post 1149444)
Frostbite, hypothermia, frozen fingers and toes, frozen eyeballs, and the list goes on. Not to mention cabin fever. LOL :). Oh, and the hernia from trying to shovel all that snow and ice!!!

Anyone can live in a warm climate. It takes real men to live in a climate where you design cargo ships to look like submarines, to survive winter seas.

Steven R Oct 2, 2010 2:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjtoth (Post 1149466)
Got a snowblower, fireplace, pea coat and watch cap... all for the wife. heheheh She's a sport and doesn't complain too much. :rolleyes: I'm going to play this heart thing for all I can.

Gary: wouldn't you really rather see your wife in a bikini laying out by the pool, rather than all bundled up in a pea coat with a snow shovel?? Come on, I don't believe that your would prefer that. :)

Seriously, we all hope for a speedy full recovery for you. Take care of yourself. (and stay warm.)

Steven R Oct 2, 2010 2:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scouse (Post 1149482)
.................................................
My sparrows say they're waiting under the palm trees.

Love your sparrow shot. Looks like the birds definitely know that it's best to follow the warm sun, and you follow their example. But last time you went you didn't post at all. Take a laptop with your camera so we can see some of your shots while on your winter vacation.

(Since I can't afford to take off from work in the wintertime, I am glad that I can enjoy warm winters, even though I am still working to pay the bills.)

Steven R Oct 2, 2010 2:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkurkowski (Post 1149565)
Anyone can live in a warm climate. It takes real men to live in a climate where you design cargo ships to look like submarines, to survive winter seas.

I admit that as I've gotten old, I am a wimp in cold weather, just can't take it the same as when I was young. Where in the world did you take that photo?? What an unusual boat; there must be a story behind that shot.

tkurkowski Oct 2, 2010 3:05 PM

I downloaded that from the Internet (Wikipedia) a while ago - it's a public domain photo taken in 1891, a bit before I was born.

I was looking into those ships (look up "Whaleback Ships" in Wikipedia) when your post about winter here hit me so I couldn't resist. It has nothing to do with where I live now (the Mid-Atlantic coast) but it's representative of the Great Lakes region where I grew up. In particular those whaleback steamers were used on Lake Superior, perhaps the most treacherous body of water in the world in the winter. (Gordon Lightfoot's song about the Edmund Fitzgerald was about a real event, on Lake Superior in November, 1975.)

I was seeing if you could get better than an F in marine history, my background... :)

Ted

zig-123 Oct 2, 2010 7:06 PM

Gary,

Sorry to hear about your recent illness. Judging from your photos posted, it hasn't affected your ability to take tak sharp images. Well done and get well fast!

Zig

gjtoth Oct 2, 2010 8:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zig-123 (Post 1149766)
Gary,

Sorry to hear about your recent illness. Judging from your photos posted, it hasn't affected your ability to take tak sharp images. Well done and get well fast!

Zig


Thanks, Zig! I'm ready to go. I was ready to go the day of the stents implant! Doctors had a differing opinion. I'll be out shooting tomorrow. My "adopted" son is having a send-off party. He's flying his C-130 to Afghanistan later this month for a 3-4 month stay.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:39 PM.