Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus dSLR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/)
-   -   Another Dragonfly (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/another-dragonfly-176095/)

jelow1966 Aug 26, 2010 9:48 PM

Another Dragonfly

1 Attachment(s)
Spent a fun couple of hours shooting these guys on Wed. Light wasn't right for this point of view but I love it anyway. Should have more to post later after going thru them more. Shot with the E-1 and Tamron 80-200 @200mm, ISO 400.

John

ps- has any of you had these guys buzz by you? they sound like a humming bird when they fly really close.

Scouse Aug 27, 2010 10:24 AM

Nice shot, good angle, head on like that. Seems like you're having fun with your new found models.....:)

Went on holiday once as a kid growing up in England down to the southeast corner of Kent. We'd get buzzed by some really big Dragon Flies. I mean big longer than a humming bird and prolly heavier I'd say.
Used to chase then with tennis racquets, a little too fast for us kids thankfully.
Thanks for the memories...

jelow1966 Aug 27, 2010 11:26 AM

You're welcome. I do have fun with these guys, and maybe they do with me sicne they spend so much time checking me out. I found another burst of this angle done earlier in the day i think might be better light. Weather permitting I'll probably try again on Sunday.

John

Scouse Aug 27, 2010 12:43 PM

The weather....yeh. I spent 2 days pressure washing my deck and yesterday moring I put an oil stain down, nice heavy coat. The plan was for it to soak in before the sun cooked it dry.
Right as I finished and was cleaning up.....It rained....cow-flat rock rain, a gully washer.
The water still beads up on top and the sun is coming out now so hope it dries up today so I can put all Sharons deck stuff back before her friends come on Sat.

Steven R Aug 27, 2010 6:34 PM

:D Okay John, that's enough. You now have 2 d-fly captured in flight compared to nada for myself. You can stop rubbing it in now. LOL :)

jelow1966 Aug 27, 2010 9:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven R (Post 1134457)
:D Okay John, that's enough. You now have 2 d-fly captured in flight compared to nada for myself. You can stop rubbing it in now. LOL :)

Steven, you just have to make friends with them. Once you do they will be happy to pose.:)

John

SharpShotGal Aug 28, 2010 12:57 AM

and humming birds sound like Hello-chopters when they get under my back porch! Great shot now if I may! ... I be back soon with what I can see with this shot!

SharpShotGal Aug 28, 2010 1:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have this feeling looking at that Shot I sure hope you do no t mind but this would look great as a Black Light pin up! Better than the one I had won selling Girl Scout cookies! AS a hologram I would of course change the colors but I have not gone back to that stuff in years more work!

jelow1966 Aug 28, 2010 1:49 AM

Interesting idea. I don't mind at all. Man, you stare at that all night and I bet you'd see all sorts of things. I can already see a face.

John

SharpShotGal Aug 28, 2010 8:01 PM

I thought after doing just that one thing and came up with no w if I took it and changed the colors and twist it side ways some and then again in a another set wow that would be awesome!