Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus dSLR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/)
-   -   Bluey @ 800mm (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/bluey-%40-800mm-198442/)

gjtoth May 3, 2012 3:29 PM

Bluey @ 800mm
 
Shot with the Sigma 400mm & EC-20. This is uncropped. I need to practice a LOT on my manual focus.

http://toths.us/Piwigo/upload/2012/0...5-4cc2b29f.jpg

Steven R May 3, 2012 4:49 PM

Looks like you are well on your way with that shot.

Lordje May 3, 2012 7:29 PM

This shot shows us that you have a great control and feeling in manual focusing Gary. You did do a very fine job.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

gjtoth May 3, 2012 7:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven R (Post 1299132)
Looks like you are well on your way with that shot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordje (Post 1299156)
This shot shows us that you have a great control and feeling in manual focusing Gary. You did do a very fine job.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks, guys. I think we're going to get along juuuussst fine. ;)

tkurkowski May 4, 2012 6:44 AM

That focus looks just fine. I'm surprised the jay stayed motionless long enough for you to focus.

gjtoth May 4, 2012 7:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkurkowski (Post 1299216)
That focus looks just fine. I'm surprised the jay stayed motionless long enough for you to focus.

Well, that's one of the nice things on this lens, Ted. The focus ring is really responsive. It was almost intuitive. I kind of surprised myself with how fast I came into focus.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:34 PM.