Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus dSLR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/)
-   -   Confession (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/confession-196651/)

MarceloLI Feb 28, 2012 2:23 PM

Confession

Dear Olympus Friends,

I have something to confess and I hope you guys can understand me and support my decision.

I can't hide this anymore and I have to confess that I jumped to the dark side, yes... last week I bought a Nikon D7000 and some lenses.

My wife is very upset about this, she told me time ago that Zig is a bad influence and now we can see the results of all the e-mails and PM's we exchanged I finished buying the Nikon D7000 :D:D:D:D:D:D

Please do not judge me or call me a traitor because of this, I'm still have my Olympus E1 and E5 and the best HG lenses and I promise to continue posting my photos in this forum.

All the best.

Marcelo

gjtoth Feb 28, 2012 2:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarceloLI (Post 1287402)
Dear Olympus Friends,

I have something to confess and I hope you guys can understand me and support my decision.

I can't hide this anymore and I have to confess that I jumped to the dark side, yes... last week I bought a Nikon D7000 and some lenses.

My wife is very upset about this, she told me time ago that Zig is a bad influence and now we can see the results of all the e-mails and PM's we exchanged I finished buying the Nikon D7000 :D:D:D:D:D:D

Please do not judge me or call me a traitor because of this, I'm still have my Olympus E1 and E5 and the best HG lenses and I promise to continue posting my photos in this forum.

All the best.

Marcelo

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, Marcelo. We all know it's the photographer, not the camera that makes the image! :) You're right about Zig, though. He IS a bad influence! :D

MarceloLI Feb 28, 2012 2:54 PM

Thank you Gary, but the only purpose of this post is to make fun and bring a smile to the face of this forum members... http://forums.steves-digicams.com/da...BJRU5ErkJggg==

Thank you for your support.

Steven R Feb 28, 2012 3:16 PM

:) Good luck. As a preacher would say, while we hate the sin, we still must love the sinner. LOL.:)

Soon, you too will be experiencing the well known joys of little oil spots that will be deposited on your sensor!

MarceloLI Feb 28, 2012 3:23 PM

LOL... thank you for the best wishes LOL...!!

I hope I don't have to deal with that problem.

Kapekodder Feb 28, 2012 6:22 PM

Another of Zig's victims here!

First contact was about his E-510 (didn't buy it). Then, he offered his old printer (an Epson Photo 2200- did buy it), then he became a habit (offered some m4/3 gear at unbelievably good prices). Long story short, I live dangerously close to this guy (gifted and knowledgeable)! A true Oly buddy!

Then, it happened! He stepped over that line, acquiring his Nikon D90! Then came the D7000. Shared a cup of coffee, talked pictures, hefted his new 7K with 70-200 attached! Immediate infection😳

Sooo, it seems this guy, Zig, takes nice pictures, offers kind help, on occasion offers stuff for reasonable prices ( I'm waiting for that 70-200f2.8 😃 )and can just be a real bad influence!

Marcelo, I feel your pain, too! My D7000 arrived with the 55-300 just in time for New Year's! Been challenged by the learning curve, but it does perform! (Still have my e-410s(one is IR modded), E-1, E-3, E-620 and E-P2 with great lenses. To sell or not to sell.......)

Good luck with yours! (Zig, if you read this, enjoy your vacation down south and DON'T buy a new camera! I don't know much of this I can take!)

Scouse Feb 28, 2012 8:21 PM

Marcelo, we hardy knew you!
You seemed like a nice guy as well.

Good luck, happy snaps. Visit often.

Wingman Feb 28, 2012 8:32 PM

As a convert from 15+ years of Pentax, I switched to Nikon about 3 years ago...welcome to the dark side:D.

Jehan

MarceloLI Feb 28, 2012 8:53 PM

Another victim...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kapekodder (Post 1287455)
First contact was about his E-510 (didn't buy it). Then, he offered his old printer (an Epson Photo 2200- did buy it), then he became a habit (offered some m4/3 gear at unbelievably good prices). Long story short, I live dangerously close to this guy (gifted and knowledgeable)! A true Oly buddy!

Then, it happened! He stepped over that line, acquiring his Nikon D90! Then came the D7000. Shared a cup of coffee, talked pictures, hefted his new 7K with 70-200 attached! Immediate infection😳

Sooo, it seems this guy, Zig, takes nice pictures, offers kind help, on occasion offers stuff for reasonable prices ( I'm waiting for that 70-200f2.8 😃 )and can just be a real bad influence!

Marcelo, I feel your pain, too! My D7000 arrived with the 55-300 just in time for New Year's! Been challenged by the learning curve, but it does perform! (Still have my e-410s(one is IR modded), E-1, E-3, E-620 and E-P2 with great lenses. To sell or not to sell.......)

Good luck with yours! (Zig, if you read this, enjoy your vacation down south and DON'T buy a new camera! I don't know much of this I can take!)

Hi Kapekodder,

LOL I really like your sense of humor :D:D:D

I like the new gear but it is a lot to learn about it.

Have a great day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scouse (Post 1287469)
Marcelo, we hardy knew you!
You seemed like a nice guys as well.

Good luck, happy snaps. Visit often.

Hi Ken,

LOL... thank you for your nice words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingman (Post 1287470)
As a convert from 15+ years of Pentax, I switched to Nikon about 3 years ago...welcome to the dark side:D.

Jehan

Hi Jehan,

Thank you for the welcome, I'll be in the Nikon forum and this one posting my pictures very often.

tkurkowski Feb 29, 2012 5:51 AM

Marcelo, this is not DPR - we're not interested in fanboy versus troll wars. You are always welcome.

Plus, you did something I never thought I would live to see - Steven quoting a preacher:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven R (Post 1287415)
:) Good luck. As a preacher would say, while we hate the sin, we still must love the sinner. LOL.:)

Hell froze over. :rolleyes: