Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus dSLR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/)
-   -   E-500 (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/e-500-a-91503/)

April Jun 2, 2006 10:01 PM

I inserted a freshly charged battery into my Olympus E-500 which I have had since Christmas. About 3 hours later, I went to turn it on and the camera was extremly hot where the menu buttons are located. The LCD was working but the picture was barely visible. I took a few pictures and I could see that it was taking pictures, but because it was hot, I decided not to use it any more. I thought I had a battery problem, so I bought a new battery. It doesn't over heat anymore, but I still have same problem with my LCD panel and the battery energy drains within minutes.....any idea as to what has happened?

April

Norm in Fujino Jun 2, 2006 10:04 PM

Are you leaving the LCD panel on? Does it still get hot when the LCD is off? Sounds like some potential circuitry problem.


April Jun 2, 2006 10:10 PM

The LCD Panel only comes on when the camera is turned on.



zoegy73 Jun 3, 2006 1:40 AM

Better to return to Olympus if it's still under warranty. I think you have short circuit problem.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:49 AM.