Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus dSLR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/)
-   -   The first spring flower in my yard (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/first-spring-flower-my-yard-167876/)

Steven R Mar 21, 2010 9:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkurkowski (Post 1068343)
Well Zig, I wouldn't mind that if you weren't posting an image from friggin Florida.

(grin)

Ted

PS: great shot.

Well at least zig is actually seeing a hibiscus bloom. I lost all 6 of my Hibiscus bushes to the cold. All are dead, with no signs of any rejuvenation. It's enjoyable to actually see a current photo of one. Normally this time of year I would be having fun photographing my flowers.

Maybe I should forget the flowers and go take some gator picture for Ted!:lachen001:

tkurkowski Mar 21, 2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven R (Post 1068471)
Well at least zig is actually seeing a hibiscus bloom. I lost all 6 of my Hibiscus bushes to the cold. All are dead, with no signs of any rejuvenation. It's enjoyable to actually see a current photo of one. Normally this time of year I would be having fun photographing my flowers.

Maybe I should forget the flowers and go take some gator picture for Ted!:lachen001:

A gator ate your hibiscus? I always thought they are carnivores...

zig-123 Mar 22, 2010 8:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkurkowski (Post 1068489)
A gator ate your hibiscus? I always thought they are carnivores...

Hi Ted,

This may have been the culprit as he has a very guilty looking smile:D

E-30 with 50-200mm lens @144mm focal length, f9, 1/250sec. Aperture priority

tkurkowski Mar 22, 2010 7:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zig-123 (Post 1068667)
Hi Ted,

This may have been the culprit as he has a very guilty looking smile:D

E-30 with 50-200mm lens @144mm focal length, f9, 1/250sec. Aperture priority

Yeah - he looks like he has Steven's address written all over him.

Ted

tkurkowski Mar 22, 2010 8:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven R (Post 1068471)

Hey Steven, I want to be sure that you know that Zig and I are teasing you but that doesn't mean we're making light of you losing your Hibiscus bushes. I'm really sorry you lost them - I hate to see any beautiful plant die. We're just trying to get you to smile.

Ted

Steven R Mar 22, 2010 9:16 PM

I'm glad that zig actually saw a gator. After this winter, all the gators have left from my lake. They have been replaced with a new, strange looking flock of birds!!! :lachen001:

Here is the new state bird of Florida:
http://stevenr.smugmug.com/Animals/0...74_GZjBX-M.jpg

tkurkowski Mar 23, 2010 6:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steven r (Post 1069038)
i'm glad that zig actually saw a gator. After this winter, all the gators have left from my lake. They have been replaced with a new, strange looking flock of birds!!! :lachen001:

Here is the new state bird of florida:

rotflol!

Scouse Mar 23, 2010 4:23 PM

Really nice shots Ted.
Now you and the rest of the tribe have inspired me. Have to go out and show what the rainy cloudy Northwest has to offer....:)

-=edge=- Mar 23, 2010 5:16 PM

I don't see Hibiscus until late July around here..

tkurkowski Mar 23, 2010 6:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scouse (Post 1069412)
Really nice shots Ted.
Now you and the rest of the tribe have inspired me. Have to go out and show what the rainy cloudy Northwest has to offer....:)

Thanks. Do it while you can - a heavy thunderstorm yesterday knocked most of the daffodils down to the ground. Jeeez theres a small window for outdoor shooting around here in the Spring...

Ted