Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus dSLR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/)
-   -   I bit the E-30 bullet (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/i-bit-e-30-bullet-154034/)

zig-123 Apr 13, 2009 8:02 PM

Well,

I finally bit the bullet and ordered an Olympus E30 body today. Seriously thought about getting the new E620. The determing factor was the size of the OPV. If I was going to buy another body, it had to have an OPV larger than the one found in the E-510. While the E620's viewfinder is larger, it's not appreciably larger - at least not as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it. It's now a hurry up and wait situation.:?

Zig

Steven R Apr 13, 2009 9:06 PM

Congrats zig. I know you will have a ball with it.

:cool:

Greg Chappell Apr 13, 2009 11:22 PM

Great camera! You'll have tons of fun with that. I wanna see some shots from Fenway.

zig-123 Apr 14, 2009 5:40 AM

Thanks Steven/Greg,

I'm excited with possibilities the new camera presents. It will be interesting to compare the performanceof the E30 vs the E510. I'm especially looking forward to a larger viewfinder and the possibilities that might resent with legacy lenses.

As for using it in Fenway Park, I'd like to see that happen this year too. It's getting near impossible to get tickets.

I gotta tell you though, that I met up with a friend of mine yesterday who happened to bring along his Nikon D90 DSLR. Geez Louise, that is one impressive camera. The OPV on that camera is incredible-not to mention AF performance.

Still and all, I'm not going to change systems anytime soon.

Zig



fldspringer Apr 14, 2009 6:03 AM

Your economy thanks you, and I'll thank you as soon as you get some pics posted:-)

From everything I hear, I think you have a heck of a camera heading your way.

Congrats!

Greg

HarjTT Apr 14, 2009 12:42 PM

fldspringer wrote:
Quote:

Your economy thanks you, and I'll thank you as soon as you get some pics posted:-)

From everything I hear, I think you have a heck of a camera heading your way.

Congrats!

Greg
Well "said" Greg .... so Zig.. we're looking forward to a wee field report and pics as well!

Cheers

Harj

:O :?

tkurkowski Apr 14, 2009 1:44 PM

zig-123 wrote:
Quote:

I'm excited with possibilities the new camera presents. It will be interesting to compare the performanceof the E30 vs the E510. I'm especially looking forward to a larger viewfinder and the possibilities that might resent with legacy lenses.
Hi, Zig

I think you'll have a great time with it. I love the E3 but if I were shopping right now I'd be taking a good look at the E-30.

Ted

zig-123 Apr 14, 2009 3:07 PM

tkurkowski wrote:
Quote:

Hi, Zig

I think you'll have a great time with it. I love the E3 but if I were shopping right now I'd be taking a good look at the E-30.

Ted
Hi Ted, Greg, Harj,

I'll do my best to submit a report on the E30 as soon as I get it. It's on back order right now:(. I guess there's been a run on them.

I know many of you have the E3 and I was seriously considering buying the E3. But, the E30 is a newer release. As much as I would love having a camera with the OPV of the E3, the size ofthe body(too big for me) and the newer sensor of the E30 made it a bit easier to decide.

I really can't wait to try out the 50-200mm with it.



tkurkowski Apr 14, 2009 3:19 PM

zig-123 wrote:
Quote:

I know many of you have the E3 and I was seriously considering buying the E3. But, the E30 is a newer release. As much as I would love having a camera with the OPV of the E3, the size ofthe body (too big for me) and the newer sensor of the E30 made it a bit easier to decide.
Hi, Zig

I think it has a lot to do with the size of your hands. Mine happen to be fairly large so most of the Oly cameras are not comfortable for me and the large E-3 is. Good thing that Oly makes cameras that fit folks with diferent ergonomic needs.

Ted

fldspringer Apr 14, 2009 7:06 PM

tkurkowski wrote:
Quote:

zig-123 wrote:
Quote:

I know many of you have the E3 and I was seriously considering buying the E3. But, the E30 is a newer release. As much as I would love having a camera with the OPV of the E3, the size ofthe body (too big for me) and the newer sensor of the E30 made it a bit easier to decide.
Hi, Zig

I think it has a lot to do with the size of your hands. Mine happen to be fairly large so most of the Oly cameras are not comfortable for me and the large E-3 is. Good thing that Oly makes cameras that fit folks with diferent ergonomic needs.

Ted
I'll be honest. I don't mind the e-3's mass. I'm more bothered by lens weight, and the e-3 actually tend to counterbalance the heavier lenses.

I'm not saying, however, that something like the E620/50 f2 or 25 f2.8 wouldn't make a nice option though.

I'm wondering how useful the art filters will be for Zig. I've seen some interesting pics that seem like it would take a LOT of PP to get the same look. Inquiring minds want to know!

Greg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:33 AM.