Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus dSLR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/)
-   -   Just an idea ... (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/just-idea-186888/)

folob Apr 19, 2011 11:20 PM

Just an idea ...
 
Think about it ... Why not trying to plan some kind of outing, even just a long week-end, somewhere where anybody can drive/fly??

It might be fun to meet each other and do a couple of shots?

So, as exemple and assuming that the majority of us are all over USA/Canada, somewhere in the middlewest?

Just a thought

Steven R Apr 20, 2011 8:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by folob (Post 1219807)
Think about it ... Why not trying to plan some kind of outing, even just a long week-end, somewhere where anybody can drive/fly??

It might be fun to meet each other and do a couple of shots?

So, as exemple and assuming that the majority of us are all over USA/Canada, somewhere in the middlewest?

Just a thought


I suggest Florida. Sun, fun, water, wildlife (both animal and human, LOL)

folob Apr 20, 2011 9:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven R (Post 1219877)
I suggest Florida. Sun, fun, water, wildlife (both animal and human, LOL)


Hum Steven,

Then I might suggest the Banff National Park, it is also full of sun (Sunny Alberta, remember?), water (rivers, snow in high peaks, glaciers), full of wildlife (bears, deers, mountain goats, bighorns, mosquitos, etc...) and you can even find some humains playing golf, biking, hiking, etc...

Ok, just kidding ... one extreme to the other ;)

gjtoth Apr 20, 2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by folob (Post 1219905)
Hum Steven,

Then I might suggest the Banff National Park, it is also full of sun (Sunny Alberta, remember?), water (rivers, snow in high peaks, glaciers), full of wildlife (bears, deers, mountain goats, bighorns, mosquitos, etc...) and you can even find some humains playing golf, biking, hiking, etc...

Ok, just kidding ... one extreme to the other ;)

I vote for Louisville, KY!

Greg Chappell Apr 20, 2011 2:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjtoth (Post 1219986)
I vote for Louisville, KY!

During thoroughbred season(!), which started down here last weekend. I am planning on being at the track both this Friday evening and Saturday with my E5 for the first time.

Steven R Apr 20, 2011 3:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjtoth (Post 1219986)
I vote for Louisville, KY!

Louisville, Kentucky: You mean where the two choices of things to do are either horse racing or Kentucky bourbon? LOL :D Which one are you championing?

zig-123 Apr 20, 2011 3:15 PM

My vote is that we all meet at Steven's home in Tampa, FL. this November.
By that time, everyplace I can think of is really getting fairly cold, wet, dreary,
or just plain inhospitable. The gulf coast side of Florida, at that time, is pretty spectacular.

Whaddya think Steven? I'll pack my bags as soon as you give us the go-ahead.........
:homer:

Zig

Steven R Apr 20, 2011 3:21 PM

LOL. Why not, our house is usually a revolving door for company from up north. And since they often are relatives I can't charge them.

Let's see, what is a good price per person per night?? Hey, at going rates I might be able to retire after all. :D:D:D

folob Apr 20, 2011 3:21 PM

I might even get a cheap flight since it will be off-season :)

zig-123 Apr 20, 2011 4:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven R (Post 1220033)
LOL. Why not, our house is usually a revolving door for company from up north. And since they often are relatives I can't charge them.

Let's see, what is a good price per person per night?? Hey, at going rates I might be able to retire after all. :D:D:D

Hi Steven,

paying for my overnight accommodations is not a problem for me. But, I am used to a certain , shall we say, minimum acceptance level.

i.e. this is the last place we stayed while in your lovely state:

http://zig123.smugmug.com/Other/2011...1_F7FEE-XL.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:16 PM.