Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus dSLR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/)
-   -   Shot of the Day (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/shot-day-176774/)

Scouse Sep 10, 2010 5:12 PM

Shot of the Day

1 Attachment(s)
At least 'my' shot of the day, the only one in fact.

I was heading out to the store and this gal was on the other side of the driveway. Looked like a nice peaceful scene so I grabbed the camera.

E500 70-300

Steven R Sep 10, 2010 7:37 PM

Good catch Ken. Are you sure that your yard is not really a game preserve??

Steve

jelow1966 Sep 10, 2010 10:56 PM

Nice. That's one more than I did today. In fact that's one more than I did all week other than some test shots.

John

Scouse Sep 11, 2010 12:04 AM

Thanks..:)
My wife thinks it's a game reserve, the money she spends on food for them all!!!
Had about seven deer there when I got back from my "power walk" in the park. Haven't been able to get a decent shot of the young raccoons yet. They were late this year, cool summer but they're getting braver.
Don't know how to attract alligators yet.. perhaps some rotting body parts.....:D

Hard to gauge my screen. I'm working on my mini notebook. If I lower my head it's dark, raise it and it gets light. Had to shoot on +1 for the light but can't tell if I overcooked it.

piXelatedEmpire Sep 11, 2010 3:00 AM

Has a very peaceful mood about it, really nice Scouse.

Steven R Sep 11, 2010 8:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scouse (Post 1139907)
Thanks..:)
My wife thinks it's a game reserve, the money she spends on food for them all!!!
Had about seven deer there when I got back from my "power walk" in the park. Haven't been able to get a decent shot of the young raccoons yet. They were late this year, cool summer but they're getting braver.
Don't know how to attract alligators yet.. perhaps some rotting body parts.....:D

Hard to gauge my screen. I'm working on my mini notebook. If I lower my head it's dark, raise it and it gets light. Had to shoot on +1 for the light but can't tell if I overcooked it.

Seven deer??? you really do have a game preserve! That would be a lot of food for a pack of gators!! :D

I have the same problem with my laptop screen. I do most of my computer work on the lanai with my laptop, and sometimes there is a big difference in the way the shot looks when I see at it later on the desktop monitor. I think the most accurate view with a laptop is when the screen is exactly 90 degrees perpendicular to your eyes.

jelow1966 Sep 11, 2010 1:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven R (Post 1139979)
Seven deer??? you really do have a game preserve! That would be a lot of food for a pack of gators!! :D

I have the same problem with my laptop screen. I do most of my computer work on the lanai with my laptop, and sometimes there is a big difference in the way the shot looks when I see at it later on the desktop monitor. I think the most accurate view with a laptop is when the screen is exactly 90 degrees perpendicular to your eyes.

So I need to get out a framing square to set my screen?:D

John

gjtoth Sep 11, 2010 2:21 PM

Really a very serene scene, Ken.

turbines Sep 12, 2010 9:01 AM

Nice! You need to hang that one on the wall

Scouse Sep 12, 2010 9:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by turbines (Post 1140362)
Nice! You need to hang that one on the wall

Thanks Paul. I haven't been away from the house with the camera lately.
Just taken a couple of this years twins and mum.
E500 370-300. 18-45. PP picasa