Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus dSLR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/)
-   -   So, how many DSLRs do you own? (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/so-how-many-dslrs-do-you-own-177971/)

tkurkowski Oct 3, 2010 5:46 AM

So, how many DSLRs do you own?

At one point Ben Herrmann owned 81:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=36512021

Isn't that um, basically, um, all of them?

Ted

Mikefellh Oct 3, 2010 6:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkurkowski (Post 1149904)
So, how many DSLRs do you own?

At one point Ben Herrmann owned 81:

I thought there was something wrong with that statement...from the link:
"and considering at one point I managed to amass up to 81 digital cameras..."

That includes P&S cameras which are far cheaper than dSLRs.

For instance I've owned 11 digital cameras since 1997 (although I've played with digitizing analog still video cameras since 1989), but in that time only owned 2 dSLRs, E-300 & E-330 both of which I still use today.

In a month or so I'm planning to get a 3D camera, probably Fuji's W3, as soon as I decide Panasonic's 3D option is wrong for me after I get a chance to try it (the lenses of Panasonic's 3D lens are too close together for proper 3D.

tkurkowski Oct 3, 2010 7:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikefellh (Post 1149910)
I thought there was something wrong with that statement...from the link:
"and considering at one point I managed to amass up to 81 digital cameras..."

That includes P&S cameras which are far cheaper than dSLRs.

Good point. But I can tell you from past posts Ben has done, that a sizable number of those 81 were DSLRs.

I have five, of which the e-20 is the only one I don't use - I just keep it because I have a vision problem (I can't see myself parting with it). If the real reviews of the E-5 indicate it's as good as it seems to be, I'll probably sell the E-3 and buy the E-5 since I would really use the high ISO.

Ted

HarjTT Oct 3, 2010 7:32 AM

I've got just the two DSLR .. E1, and E-3, plus the good old FZ10 Lumix Super zoom. I have enough trouble with just the 2 .. how any one can have 81 is mind boggling .. :eek:

Mike... it'd be interesting to see how the 3D video pans out - the pana 3D lens looks weird to me but then again I don; really know too much about that side of things.

Harj

:D :eek:

Mark1616 Oct 3, 2010 8:14 AM

Although not Oly, I have 6 dSLRs, all Canon, 5DmkII, 1DmkIII, 7D, 5D, 500D, 30D as well as a Canon SX1, Panasonic TZ5 and Panasonic FT2 underwater camera (such good fun).

fldspringer Oct 3, 2010 8:23 AM

I only have one. The E-3 is it and its always ready for the next session, knock on wood. Is that sane?

Just don't ask me about lenses!!!

tkurkowski Oct 3, 2010 9:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark1616 (Post 1149929)
Although not Oly, I have 6 dSLRs, all Canon, 5DmkII, 1DmkIII, 7D, 5D, 500D, 30D as well as a Canon SX1, Panasonic TZ5 and Panasonic FT2 underwater camera (such good fun).

LOL! Do you find yourself using all of them, or is it just that it's not worth trying to sell some of them?

Ted

tkurkowski Oct 3, 2010 9:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fldspringer (Post 1149930)
I only have one. The E-3 is it and its always ready for the next session, knock on wood. Is that sane?

Just don't ask me about lenses!!!

Oh, No No No No No No No No. We're not going to talk about lenses. Even Ben Herrmann doesn't talk about lenses. :)

Ted

zig-123 Oct 3, 2010 9:08 AM

My first thought after reading that Ben Hermann had 81 dslrs, was that Ben couldn't be married.:o

At this time, I have the E-30 dslr. Overall, I'm very pleased with it's performance and output. If the E-5 comes along and is as good as I hope, it may be the next dslr I get. In which case, I'll sell the E-30.

The only camera that I would like to own, as a back up, is the E-1. It's weatherproof features would be of benefit when on the boat.

Zig

tkurkowski Oct 3, 2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zig-123 (Post 1149940)
My first thought after reading that Ben Hermann had 81 dslrs, was that Ben couldn't be married.:o

It doesn't seem so. If you look at that post, he sold the photo gear in order to be able to buy a bunch of expensive guns...

Ted