Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus dSLR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/)
-   -   So, I woke up this morning..... (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/so-i-woke-up-morning-195468/)

Scouse Jan 17, 2012 11:44 AM

So, I woke up this morning.....

5 Attachment(s)
To this.

gjtoth Jan 17, 2012 11:52 AM

We just had a tornado pass through the area! Lots of minor damage in the immediate vicinity. No snow, though. And, I like it like that. heheheh

eharrim Jan 17, 2012 1:27 PM

Nice shots. I love watching deer when it snows.
Needs to hold off for 2 more weeks so I can get most of my stuff moved. I think someone up above is helping me a little this year. Moving in January in New York shows I'm not the brightest bulb in the box : )
Eric

Scouse Jan 17, 2012 4:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjtoth (Post 1278987)
We just had a tornado pass through the area! Lots of minor damage in the immediate vicinity. No snow, though. And, I like it like that. heheheh

That doesn't sound like fun Gary. I'll stick with light snow but it got a little heavy here and is at about 7-8 inched now.

Quote:

Nice shots. I love watching deer when it snows.
Needs to hold off for 2 more weeks so I can get most of my stuff moved. I think someone up above is helping me a little this year. Moving in January in New York shows I'm not the brightest bulb in the box : )
Eric
Groups of deer are taking turns at coming in for a snack. Hope your snow stay away.

Lordje Jan 17, 2012 4:27 PM

Nice pictures, only I rather like to see snow and ice then have it around me.
This year we didn't have snow or ice so far and at this moment we have the lowest temperature so far and that is -1C at night and +5C at day.

Steven R Jan 17, 2012 5:04 PM

Gary: Glad you are all right. that sounds scary!

Ken: Pretty to look at and some nice shots there, especially of the house and deer. Hope it doesn't down any power lines and the heat stays on.

Scouse Jan 17, 2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven R (Post 1279058)
Gary: Glad you are all right. that sounds scary!

Ken: Pretty to look at and some nice shots there, especially of the house and deer. Hope it doesn't down any power lines and the heat stays on.

Thanks guys.

We hada a couple of brownouts when the wind followed the snow. Everything has settled down for now, prolly get icy overnight. I have to go into town in the am, that could be fun. I kinda like driving in ice and snow, We lived at 7,000 ft for a few years, It's Washington drivers that I don't like 1/4" of snow and the freeways stop.

boBBrennan Jan 18, 2012 8:20 AM

.....I love seeing snow, IN PICTURES!

tkurkowski Jan 18, 2012 8:45 AM

Looks like you're going to get more today. Be well - being nice and warm in a house while it's snowing outside is fun as long as you have power/heat.

Ted

FredS Jan 18, 2012 1:09 PM

Nice Pictures Ken
I , like others like shooting pictures in the snow.
But I am going to wait untill the Calgary Cold Snap quits.
- 32 C this morning - 25 F :(
Its supposed to get HOT here on Saturday . High -5 C

Fred..