Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus dSLR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/)
-   -   un altro (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/un-altro-192665/)

gjtoth Oct 11, 2011 8:15 PM

un altro
 
As with the others, I shot this against black velvet. However, since it was night, I had no light from the window. Instead, I used OCF with my knock-off frosted lightsphere and orange cap. This was a bear to shoot because the flash also made the velvet show up as a real dark orange. Using Gimp, I just erased the background. :) To give it some depth, I turned the leaf slightly to the left and placed my flash on the right of the set-up

http://toths.us/Piwigo/upload/2011/1...2-56d6ec89.jpg

Steven R Oct 11, 2011 8:41 PM

Good job; stark contrast between the leaf and the black background.

folob Oct 11, 2011 9:08 PM

Very nice! Do you think you can make the same kind of shot using a yellow, orangy and a red leaf? It will be nice!

gjtoth Oct 11, 2011 9:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven R (Post 1259475)
Good job; stark contrast between the leaf and the black background.

Quote:

Originally Posted by folob (Post 1259486)
Very nice! Do you think you can make the same kind of shot using a yellow, orangy and a red leaf? It will be nice!

Thanks very much, guys. Gilles, I'll be on the lookout for those shades on my next outing. Shouldn't be too difficult to find. ;)

eharrim Oct 13, 2011 8:01 AM

Love the detail. Like looking down at rivers on a map
Eric

gjtoth Oct 13, 2011 8:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eharrim (Post 1259737)
Love the detail. Like looking down at rivers on a map
Eric

Thanks, buddy. I was really pleased with it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:18 AM.