Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 22, 2006, 3:58 PM   #1

The Oly 14-54 Zukio arrived today - was impounded by HM Customs until I freed it as soon as I could :roll::G ! I'm seriously impressed with the service from Cameta Camera and the USPS - its shipped Monday from NY and arrived today ready for collection. Try sending anything from the Uk to the US and watch it take 3 weeks!

First impressions:

1. This lens looks beautiful which is exactly what I thought when I first saw the FZ10 and LC1 with that lovely Leica designed glass in the flesh. The 14-54 has put a really big dirty grin on my face just like the old FZ does.

2. Build quality is excellent definetly a notch up on the 14-45.

3. Weight - its seems to balance really well with the E1. Its not as heavy as I expected it to be.

4. Manual Focusing - Much better than the 14-45 which I could hardly use.

5. The lens hood loosk smaller than the one on the 14-45. I'm going to see if I can find a bayonet mount collapsable lens from Hama or Hoya like the one on my FZ10 which covers 28-300mm.

Not enough time today to try the lens out but will try tomorrow and see how it performs.

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 22, 2006, 5:19 PM   #2

congrats..IMHO the 14-54mm exceeds the capabilities of the 14-45mm by far..i love the lens and it's a great one to have mounted for most situations

Cameta is a great camera store, i have had nothing but good service with them and no BS
-=edge=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 6:00 PM   #3

Hi Edge

Thanks mate - I'm really chuffed by how lovely this lens feels, looks and also how much brighter the viewfinder is with it on. If I'm going to buy another lens from eth US it will be from cameta either in person or via the phone - I had read a lot of good things about the store but this was fantastic esp when you consider that I'm on the other side of the pond.

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :|

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 6:39 AM   #4

Cameta has been the source for all my Oly gear. Good customer service, easy to deal with and no high-pressure add-on sales when you call them. They have always delivered exactly as advertised.

stowaway7 is offline   Reply With Quote