Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 1, 2006, 3:07 PM   #1

One of the guys at dpreview has done a comparison between the ZD 50mm f2 macro lens and the Leica D 14-50. Here's the thread:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=20271951

From the looks of things the Leica D is very sharp even wide open and from what I can tell as good as the 50mm f2.0 macro which is supposed to be pretty tack sharp. Its not a scientific test but it does show how promising the Leica D range of glass may be. I'm looking forward to see what the other Leica D lenses will be like esp the telezoom (wish they had an f2.8-3.5 zoom with IS though) and also the 45mm f2.0 macro.

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :?

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2006, 3:59 PM   #2

HarjTT,

ARe these lens going to possibly costs in the thousands, if so I might as well buy the zuiko digital...how about sigma? Anything coming out there that's decent for e-500? Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 3:59 PM   #3

HarjTT,

ARe these lens going to possibly costs in the thousands, if so I might as well buy the zuiko digital...how about sigma? Anything coming out there that's decent for e-500? Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 4:54 PM   #4

Hi Donna

I've got no real idea on the price of the Leica D14-50 I'd think its going to be at least a $100-200 more than the Oly 14-54, so that pitches it at around $650. The 25mm f1.4 on the other hand I think is going to cost some serious money not that $650 isn;t serious $$$$.

The tele zoom lenses on the other hand I think are going to be cheap say around $200-300 and no higher simply becuase of the specification of the lenses. Now if they changed the 14-150 to say a 14-100 or made it an f2.8-3.5 OIS lens then that woudl definetly be expensive possibly the same price or more than Oly's 50-200 but I'd buy that straight away as it would be the perfect walkabout lens - fast, good range and with IS but as it is it's just got IS and good range.

I'm happy with the ZD 14-54 as I think I may have got a pretty good one, its sharp, quite contrasty as well however, I've still got that Panaleica blood running thro me and the 14-50 is seriously tempting for use with the E1.

Cheers

HArj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote