Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:27 PM   #1

here a photo i took at the cider mill in old (mystic conn):-D
Attached Images

hotrodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:41 AM   #2

Very nice autumn scene. Keep posting. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 1:18 AM   #3

not to flame, but there is a photo section in these forums

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...egory.php?id=4

the picture looks stretched, btw

the Oly forum is for news and information concerning OLY dSLR's, not photos and the photo section is for photo's, check it out, great categories and some spectacular shots on there

-=edge=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:47 PM   #4

edge- I agree with your point, but to be fair to hotrodman you should probably create a new topic and ask all members...he is not alone.

I only started watching this forum for a the past week or so, and 50% of the posts are pictures from oly slr. I thought that was ok.
prajull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 2:11 PM   #5

prajull - your point is considered, however, making another off topic post isn't really helping and this was the newest pic post, so i figured it would get the most views and maybe people would get the hint...once again this isn't a flame, just a courtesy to members, there are times when posting a pic is appropriate, like when comparing lenses or other technicalities...or perhaps i am wrong and way off base and this forum in it's entirity is designed for picture posting
Old Oct 3, 2006, 3:58 PM   #6

Hi, I have a question... If I post my Oly pictures on the "post your pictures" forum, I wonder if I will receive feedback from Oly people, like I would here. I think most people who are posting pictures are just looking for support and feedback from people who know Olympus, and someone who is more experienced, like yourself, can be a help. Withoutthose who want to post pictures and receive constructive comments, it can be slow around here.

I have benefited from both the information and the photography that has been shared. But I wouldn't want to break any "rules"...Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 5:13 PM   #7

I agree with you Donna,after all the Olympus DSLR's are for taking photos,and from what I have seen of this forum,most of the pictures are there for either advice or examples.So long as all the details of the setup for that particular photo are there to benefit others,Alan
atcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 5:35 PM   #8

Hi Edge

No disrespect my friend but I agree with Donna and Al on this as well. I believe that the forum should be a place not only for news and info on all things Olympus and 4/3rds but also somewhere we can post pics and ask fellow Oly users for a critique and how to improve our technique and understanding of our wonderful Olympus cameras.

Its essential that new users (including myself) be able to post their pics here knowing that we can get constructive feedback and encouragement from guys and gals on the forum who have years worth of experience of getting the best from their E-series cameras. It can only do good for the forum and also indirectly to Oly itself.

Once I'm good enough with the E1 I'll post a few shots in the photo section too.

Cheers

HarjTT

:? :O

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 5:42 PM   #9

thank you every one.CHEERS.:|
hotrodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 1:34 AM   #10

and i see all of your points, however, when one wants to peruse past threads looking though an entire page of photos is kinda defeating the purpose..perhaps a few tacked/sticky threads at the top of the forum with photo posting would be what we need rather than everyone making a new thread everytime they take some photos..obviously a moderator would need to be contacted in order to do this, but it wouldn't be a bad idea