Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 1, 2006, 3:47 PM   #1

Hi All,

I'm new to this business of posting, so if I've done this incorrectly, my apologies.

However, I'm trying to get educated on Olympus OM Lenses.

Let me start by saying that I've recently purchased an E-500 DSLR w/14-45mm kit lens. I'm having a lot of fun taking photos and getting the hang of this unit. Some day I hope to post a few pics-but right now I have nothing that compares to the photos that i've been seeing on this site.

I've been reading all the posts on this sight with a great deal of interest - especially the discussions relative to using 35mm film slr lenses with adapters- mainly due to the relative low cost, availability, and quality of 35mm slr film lenses. I was blown away by the cost of the Zuiko Digital lenses (something I should have considered prior to buying the E-500 - but the deed is done, Oh Well!!) )

I have a few Konica lenses (50mm F/1/7, Kiron 80-200mm F/4.5, and28-80mm F/3.5)and am thinkingof converting them for use withthe E-500.

In order to better educate myself, I've found and read websites that have reviewed Nikon AF lenses as well as reviews of various Konica lenses. Additionally, they have also provided a history of the cameras and their manufaturers'

I have yet to find a site that has reviewed OM lenses with any great level of detail. Anyone know of such a site?

Thank you in advance for your interest and response.

Zig

zig-123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2006, 3:58 PM   #2

Here's a good starting point:

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/any-lens.html

After clicking on all the OM links, click on the "Other Articles" link to learn much more about your camera.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2006, 4:44 PM   #3

Thanks for the quick response. I'll be sure to look it up later this evening.

Zig
zig-123 is online now   Reply With Quote