Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 11, 2007, 12:59 PM   #11

First post. I have had my E-500 since July and regrettably haven't used it that much. I have never had any formal training in photography, but decided if I was going to get a new camera, I might as well make int an experience. I have learned some, but the most important thing I have found is to just shoot with it. I purchased a TAMRAC bag that I have been using for awhile now, and find it quite nice.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...489590-4651953

This is pretty cramped now with both lenses and a Fuji A400. I just received the FL-36 in the mail today, so I will have to see how it is going to fit. I think if I had to do it again I would have purchased the larger bag. Hope this helps.
harrijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 1:13 PM   #12

i use a tamrac backpack to carry my e300 and 2 lens plus all cards and batteries

its different to the one in thread above, bottom of bag is for camera and lens and top is for what ever else u need to take

its safer as it dont look like a camera bag, its great if u do lanscapes cos u carry it on your back so its just like going for a normal hike.

id have prefered a bigger on where u can get food and waterpoof great in but im happy with it and use it lots

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:13 PM   #13

Reanimator wrote:
Quote:
i use a tamrac backpack to carry my e300 and 2 lens plus all cards and batteries

its different to the one in thread above, bottom of bag is for camera and lens and top is for what ever else u need to take

its safer as it dont look like a camera bag, its great if u do lanscapes cos u carry it on your back so its just like going for a normal hike.

id have prefered a bigger on where u can get food and waterpoof great in but im happy with it and use it lots

Gary
Gary, was this the "Adventure 7" by chance? I tried this backpack, but ended up returning it because I couldn't get the E-500 kit to fit on the lower camera compartment. They want you to use the lens down configuration, but even with just the 17.5-45mm lens on the E-500, it was simply too tall for that lower compartment.

I sure did like that upper misc. storage compartment though! The Lowepro Slingshot that I ended up with has a MUCH smaller upper compartment that doesn't allow me to use the slingpack for much more than a camera bag.

I sure do wish the Tamrac had worked out!

EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2007, 2:41 PM   #14

not sure on exact model as it doesnt say but sounds like it could be the one, my e300 with small lens just fits in nicely lens down and other lens fits at the side, its quite snug which i like as camera dont get shaken about when u run.

its the one where u take it of your back and it stands on the bottom, a zip runs round it and it opens in half to get access to the bottom, as storage in upper section besides the card/batter storage on the lower section and 2 side mesh pockets

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote