Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:21 AM   #1
oel

I have searched on this forum for the EC-14, and read the post, there isstill some confusion on my part that the EC- 14 works (af and mf)with the Zuiko kit lens, 40-50, 14-45, and the 35mm macro??

I also have the sigma 55-200 andwant to know if willwork in both af and mf or just mf with the EC-14.

I read a lot on here and really appreciate all of the great information from your diccussions.

thanks for any assistance:-)
oel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2007, 2:45 PM   #2

According to the four-thirds consortium site, the EC-14 "Can be mounted on any Four Thirds lens to extend the focal distance of the master lens by 1.4x."

http://four-thirds.org/en/products/accessories.html

Are you mistaking the EC-14 and the EX-25?
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2007, 4:16 PM   #3
oel

Quote:
Are you mistaking the EC-14 and the EX-25?
No,

Mike thanks for the reply and the link, some of my confusion comes from a call I made to Olympus this morning.

The compatable lens the person quoted me wereall the 2.8 lens, when I ask specificly about the lens I listed,she then said yes... I left the call with some doubt.

She was very vague about the Sigma 55-200 and said it may only work im MF..

Old Feb 13, 2007, 3:42 AM   #4

This is a good resource as well:
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/lenses.html

He has it as autofocus working with the 35, and the 40-150 f3.5-4.5, and the Sigma 55-200.

He has manual only with the 14-45 and the newer 40-150 f4.0-5.6. But he also says some users have reported AF working with one of these (not clear which).

In general I would think it's the slow maximum apperture that becomes a problem. Which would lead one to question whether the Sigma 55-200 really works. But there's probably more to it than that.

kenbalbari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 6:36 AM   #5
oel

Thanks for the link kenbalbari, these links have answered my concerns. Isee it mentioned that Olympus may be comming out with a 2x so I may wait on my purchase.

I appreciate the info all:-)