Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 27, 2007, 2:18 AM   #21

That is some really excellent shots, Scouse!

jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 1:47 AM   #22

I think my point in all the photos I posted on Greg's thread was, while RAW is a must these days for pros and top amateurs if they want to improve and or sell their stuff. For people like me who just like photography and are happy with what we have, then SHQ with minor touch ups is just fine as well. It's just for our enjoyment.

The camera for became something to do and a way to share my travels and hiking with friends...... and you find out who your friends are when you bring out your slide show, all 2,000 shots of "Hiking in Nepal" :-)
Or New Zealand, South Africa, Cost Rica and other fun places. With the old OM1 and OM2 I had to do it all in the camera, send out the film for slide processing and hope for the best.
Now, like you guys, I do as much as I can in the camera still, then dump the cards onto my hard drive. From there I can work them a touch and feel good about it.

Sometime in these forums I read statements like: "I got a good shot but the sky was flat so I dropped in another sky." Now that's fine for them and I've done it for fun but that's not what I am.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 2:14 AM   #23

"Sometime in these forums I read statements like: "I got a good shot but the sky was flat so I dropped in another sky." Now that's fine for them and I've done it for fun but that's not what I am."

thats fair enough scouse, actually thats my approach most of the time
but photgraphing real estate at for money can mean that a compromise must be met
in winter I often blow away grey sky in exchange for a blue gradient
and resaturate/brighten the image for that sunny view

its not my mission to provide a view thats as miserable as I can find

Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 12:30 PM   #24

Rriley wrote:
Quote:
"Sometime in these forums I read statements like: "I got a good shot but the sky was flat so I dropped in another sky." Now that's fine for them and I've done it for fun but that's not what I am."

thats fair enough scouse, actually thats my approach most of the time
but photgraphing real estate at for money can mean that a compromise must be met
in winter I often blow away grey sky in exchange for a blue gradient
and resaturate/brighten the image for that sunny view

its not my mission to provide a view thats as miserable as I can find

Riley
Now that's a whole nuther kettle of fish.....:-)100% endorsed by me. I wasn't even including work in my mind. I do get compliments from other agents on framing and presenting the home. Some people can make a good home look like a dogs dinner.

I've been known to remove power poles and patch up lousey looking lawns....!!!! I try to make so it's not (Obvious) misrepresentation though.

My wife and I are realtors in case youdidn't guess........
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 12:45 PM   #25

i used to blow away power poles and competitors signage too
i was listening to the activities in the parliment house one day on radio
they were discussing unscrupulous agents who got ppl to take power poles, high tension wires etc out of photos

twas a time to question my ethics
i still tweak lawns btw
well it could have been gree right ?

cheers
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote