Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 3, 2007, 9:05 AM   #11

Many are now saying the images on that .es site are fake, because the images posted don't match the images Olympus posted in their "March 5th" teaser, and if the images are fake who knows what else is fake.

I'll only trust what Olympus says in two days, and everything else is wasteful speculation!
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2007, 12:46 PM   #12

Mikefellh wrote:
Quote:
who knows what else is fake.

I'll only trust what Olympus says in two days, and everything else is wasteful speculation!
More wasteful speculation:

E-510
and HERE

E-410
and HERE

Well, Let's Go Digital has pulled its pages since the leak was discovered.

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2007, 10:49 PM   #13

Greetings:

I hate it when others try to present something that is not real.
The photos of the Olympus Cameras are both fakes.

Wait until Monday and you will get a chance to see the real cameras.
So don't let some fraud fool you into thinking that these are the cameras that Olympus will be presenting on March 5th.
Tom
Newsphotog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:52 AM   #14

I dont agree, if its faked, its extensive, to my mind too extensive
its a well worn path were leaks keep interest up and add to hype
i wouldnt be at all surprised if it was deliberate program of leaks
Attached Images

Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 3:16 AM   #15

That looks pretty real enough for me - I take it back that they were fake. I saw the pics on Letsgodigital b4 they were pulled and a soon as I saw those I knew they weren't faked - front, back and top shots of the E510 and from the top shot the prism looked the same as in the offical oly teaser. The E510 looks a reasonable size in that pic - bigger than I thought it would be. Still, I don;t really like the styling of the E510.

So what we do know is that the Oly have a 4 camera line up:

E410; E510 - entry level DSLRs
E3XX (inc. the E330) - semi-pro ?
EXP - Pro

I'm wondering if the E3XX range will be pitched slightly higher up at the D200/S5Pro/30D/K10D or will they decide to offer a spec'd down E1P ?

Cheers

HarjTT

:? :O

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 3:34 AM   #16

hi Harj

Harj said
"So what we do know is that the Oly have a 4 camera line up:

E410; E510 - entry level DSLRs
E3XX (inc. the E330) - semi-pro ?
EXP - Pro"

there is some question that E-330 will continue, that in itself is an interesting question. For the lineup I see it more like

base E-300, E-410
semi pro E-500, E-330, E-510
pro E-1, E-P3

Im more impressed by 510 than I thought i would be, pity theres no tilt LCD
The really big question is whats happening with AF

Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 6:28 AM   #17

Olympus E-410[/b]

Extraordinary compactness, leading-edge technology and brilliant performance distinguish the new Olympus E-410 from the rest. This successor to the E-400 is one of the world's most compact D-SLRs with Live Preview. Photographers benefit from exceptional mobility and are not limited to only looking through the viewfinder when framing compositions, but can also frame their subject directly on the large 2.5" HyperCrystal LCD. Thanks to compatibility with the Four Thirds Standard, a supreme selection of lenses and accessories is at the disposal of users to extend the potential areas of application. Meanwhile, a professional-grade Live MOS sensor ensures 10 Megapixels of high-definition image recording under all conditions.

Olympus E410 - Supersonic Wave Filter
Also new is the image processing engine which features excellent noise performance. It dramatically boosts shooting results and further perfects quality. And naturally, as with all E-System cameras from the inventor of dust-free D-SLR photography, the Olympus E-410 incorporates the patented Supersonic Wave Filter. This ensures that users never need to worry about the harmful effects dust can have on their images.

Olympus E-410 - Ultra compact D-SLR
One of the smallest and lightest D-SLRs with Live Preview in the world, the E-410 gives photographers a decisive advantage. Matched with a range of ultra-compact lenses, this camera allows for virtually unimpeded mobility. It is therefore ideal for taking along on trips, holidays, photo assignments or, for that matter, to just about any shooting situation where a large, bulky camera set-up might compromise the photo opportunities.

Olympus E-410 SLR - Live Preview
The Live Preview function is available for shots with both auto focus (AF) and manual focusing (MF), allowing scenes being framed to be viewed directly on the 2.5"/6.4cm HyperCrystal LCD. The AF function is enabled by simply pressing the AEL/AFL button, which prompts the mirror to fold down momentarily and then quickly pop back up again once the AF measurement has been made. The MF option, meanwhile, allows for superior focusing accuracy as images on the LCD can be enlarged by 7x or 10x. It is therefore ideally suited for macro shooting.

Olympus E410 digital SLR - Live MOS sensor
In the development of this camera, particular emphasis was placed on boosting performance and further reducing image noise. By incorporating a new image processing engine and sensor, this latest Olympus model produces sensationally clear 10 Megapixel results with accurate colour reproduction, and can boast faster processing speeds as well as low power consumption: Sequential shooting at up to 3fps with a seven image RAW buffer in burst mode is possible.

Olympus E-410 digital SLR - Superior handling
It meets just about every professional demand, yet the E-410 proves that high performance needn't mean difficult operation. In addition to offering an abundance of adjustable exposure options, including full manual control for unlimited creative freedom, 32 consumer-friendly shooting modes are on board for ease-of-use in all manner of situations. These range from Portrait and Macro to Underwater Wide, Underwater Macro and xD Panorama. Meanwhile, photographers can make use of various colour modes and Black&White filters. What's more, Live Preview functionality allows users to preview and manage tedious adjustments such as exposure and WB compensation right on the LCD - so photographers can revel in the unique comfort and control this added convenience affords them.

Olympus E-410 digital reflex camera - Storage
Users have a choice of data storage options: Both CompactFlash and xD-Picture Cards can be used with the E-410, which allows even those upgrading from Olympus compact cameras to continue using their existing cards. And to ensure accessibility across the entire European continent, ten languages are on board and a further 15 can be downloaded if desired.

Olympus E410 dSLR - Hi Speed USB
With the intuitive placement of buttons and controls, photographers will feel at home with the E-410 in no time. Info screens can be selected to show full advanced information or just the basics, making it very user-friendly, even for beginners. And ensuring quick data transfer between camera and computer, Hi-Speed USB is supported with up to 480 MBit/s.

Olympus E410 - SLR accessories
Users benefit from nearly boundless versatility when choosing accessories for their E-410 thanks to compatibility with the Four Thirds System. This standard is supported by a growing number of companies and ensures full cross-manufacturer compatibility of lenses. In addition, almost the complete line-up of E-System accessories can be used with this model. This includes first-class, near telecentric lenses that cover the full scope of focal ranges from fisheye to ultrazoom. Since Four Thirds Standard lenses are built specifically for the rigorous demands of digital photography, they can achieve higher-aperture shots without being as big and bulky as their non-Four Thirds counterparts. The E-410 also comes equipped with a long-lasting rechargeable battery that will ensure power requirements are met - even if the shoot goes into overtime. And for capturing beautiful motifs up to 40m below the water's surface, the Underwater Case PT-E03 is available. When it comes to those underwater shots, count on bright Live Preview to make the experience even more rewarding: Get a better and more accurate view of compositions before you shoot them - and take the guesswork out of D-SLR underwater photography.

Olympus E410 digital reflex camera
As one of the world's most compact D-SLRs with Live Preview capability, the E-410 boasts two very convincing arguments. Matched with a high-performance image sensor and a fast new image engine featuring outstanding noise characteristics, ambitious photographers can look forward to superior picture quality and excellent handling that exceeds expectations - while retaining amazing mobility. This intriguing member of the E-System family will be available from June 2007.

Olympus E-410 digital SLR - Features
• Light and compact with Live Preview
• 10 Megapixel Live MOS sensor
• New image processing engine
• Hi-Speed USB 2.0
• 2.5"/6.4cm HyperCrystal LCD
• Supersonic Wave Filter for dust protection
• Dual memory card slots (for xD-Picture Card and CompactFlash)
• 32 shooting modes (incl. 5 exposure, 7 creative & 20 scene modes)
• Built-in pop-up flash (GN 10)
• 3fps with up to seven images in RAW buffer
• One touch white balance
• AF-lock functionality
• Depth of field preview function
• 49 segment digital ESP
• Exposure bracketing function
• Beginners' and advanced info screen
• Detailed playback info screen with histogram
• Based on Four Thirds Standard
• Optional Underwater Case (PT-E03) available

Olympus E-510[/b]

Olympus E-510 : It's about forethought, professional specifications and the seamless integration of cutting-edge technology: The Olympus E-510 delivers nothing short of impeccable performance. This successor to the E-500 gives photographers a better way to frame compositions since it boasts Live Preview capability on its 2.5" HyperCrystal LCD. Olympus proves itself once again as a technology leader with this camera's built-in image stabiliser. As it is incorporated directly into the body, there's no need for the costly inclusion of a stabiliser in each lens. Experience dramatically improved shooting results with a new image processing engine that offers excellent noise performance - thus bringing picture quality to a whole new level.

Olympus E510 - Supersonic Wave Filter
And as with all of its E-System cameras, Olympus eliminates the threat of dust: The patented Supersonic Wave Filter was the first of its kind in 2003 and continues to promote dust-free photography in the Olympus E-510. What's more, the addition of a new Live MOS sensor in this Four Thirds- based camera delivers 10 Megapixels of high-quality detailed photography.

Olympus E-510 - Image stabiliser
Settle for nothing less than the latest in imaging technology. Living up to its reputation as one of the world leaders in digital photography, Olympus has equipped the body of the E-510 with an image stabiliser - so there's no need to have it in every lens, like with other D-SLRs. Enjoy protection against blur caused by camera shake when working with long exposure times or high magnifications: Don't risk blurring a shot in high action situations, or when there's no tripod at hand. All that you need to protect images against blur is built right into the body of this powerful addition to the E-System. And enjoy true-to-life colour reproduction along with exceptional noise performance thanks to the new image processing engine.

Olympus E-510 DSLR - Live Preview
The incorporation of Live Preview takes D-SLR photography in a new and exciting direction. Ensure picture sharpness with unprecedented accuracy: The ability to view images on the 2.5"/6.4cm HyperCrystal LCD at magnifications of 6x or 10x in manual focus mode guarantees that pictures always come out sharp. Auto-focusing is as easy as a push of the AEL button: A quick flip up and then down of the mirror allows the AF measurement to be made - and shooting can begin. Furthermore, with superb image processing speeds of 3fps with a seven image RAW buffer in burst mode, there's no need to worry about missing a great shot.

Olympus E-510 SLR - Comfort & Control
Indulge in the simple convenience of smart design. With both exposure and white balance compensation available for viewing directly on the LCD, it's a cinch to adjust to the perfect light and colour settings. There's even a histogram function to allow for exceptionally accurate exposure control. The Olympus E-510 is one-of-a-kind: Not only does it have the power to satisfy the seasoned professional with an array of manual settings - but there are also 18 easy-to-use scene programmes like Macro and xD Panorama, allowing virtually anyone to get in on the action. The incorporation of colour modes plus Black&White filters add another dimension of creative possibility to this D-SLR's enticing list of features.

Olympus E510 digital reflex camera
There's a choice of data storage options in the Olympus E-510 with slots for both the xD-Picture Card and CompactFlash cards – so users upgrading from Olympus compact cameras can continue using their existing cards, which even enable the use of this camera's xD Panorama scene programme. Ten different languages on board plus a further 15 for download ensure that the Olympus E-510 remains accessible to everyone - no matter what their native tongue - while the incorporation of Hi-Speed USB guarantees the extra-speedy transfer of pictures to a computer or photo printer. And rest assured that great shots are possible in even the most uncertain of situations: With its bracketing function, the Olympus E-510 takes a sequence of three shots in WB and Exposure mode and five shots in Focus mode. What's left is a choice of photos, from which the best may be chosen. This increases the chance of great shots by potentially compensating for the uncertainty of the moment.

Olympus E-510 - SLR accessories
The E-510, with a long-life rechargeable battery, is a bona fide E-System D-SLR - meaning that it's compatible with almost the entire range of E-System accessories. Based on the Four Thirds Standard, this exemplary range of parts features near-telecentric lenses - which are optimised for the specific needs of digital photography in order to provide edge-to-edge colour, sharpness and brightness. Revel in the superiority of this flexible and comprehensive system of lenses, flashes and other accessories.

Olympus E-510 D-SLR for professional photography
The Olympus E-510 is the latest example of Olympus' commitment to imaging excellence and precision. With Live Preview, a built-in image stabiliser for even sharper shots in shaky conditions and a new engine to guarantee exceptional noise performance and overall improved results, it's clear that this D-SLR is ready to deliver nothing less than the ultimate in professional-grade photography. This awe-inspiring addition to the E-System will become available in July 2007.

Olympus E-510 - Features
• dSLR with built-in image stabiliser
• 10 Megapixel Live MOS sensor
• Live Preview
• New image processing engine
• Hi-Speed USB 2.0
• 2.5"/6.4cm HyperCrystal LCD
• Supersonic Wave Filter for dust protection
• 28 shooting modes (incl. 5 exposure, 5 creative & 18 scene modes)
• Built-in pop-up flash (GN 10)
• 3fps with up to seven images in RAW buffer
• AF-lock functionality
• Depth of field preview function
• Bracketing function (Exposure, White Balance, Focus)
• Detailed playback info screen with histogram
• Based on Four Thirds Standard, making it compatible with almost the entire range of system accessories

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 8:27 AM   #18

So no cameras til June or July?

kenbalbari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 9:42 AM   #19

Ok
I have seen enough.
I have done some checking, and my source said that Olympus cannot use the camera Model E510. That already belongs to Fuji with thier E510 camera. THe Fuji E510 is a 5 mega pixel camera that they release some time back.
By using the E510 model name would draw Olympus into a potential law suit.
Besides, Fuji is part of the 4/3 group and Olympus would not want to do anything to offend a member of that group.
Second, it has come to me from a very reliable source that this hype about the E410 and E510 came from a Russian source who just loves to make these rumors and will go to great lengths to fabricate everything from photos to interviews.
Remember the fake E5 Camera photo that was posted on the net.
I was told that true cameras will be shown on Monday.
Tom
Newsphotog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 2:47 PM   #20

Ooouuuh, my dear .. the Fuji's name is A510 (<--- look there) .. do you know the little difference Aaaaaahhh <----> Eeeeehhh ?
f.e. mAAAAAN <--> womEEEEEn !!!!

believe it or believe it not ... ohhh yesss, these bad, bad Russians ...

yesterday moon disappeared ... baaad, baaad Russians ... wasmoon brought back by (fanfare on) Suuuuupermaaaaan?

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote