Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:24 AM   #1

Katz Eye recently announced the release of a focusing screen for the E-500. I'm curious to know if anyone has actually had a screen installed on their E-500 and what their experience has been. At the end of February, InternetPilot was kind enough to post his experience with a Virtual Village screen which has left me with serious "Yang Taboo affliction".My tired old eyes need some help. Perhaps thie Katzeye is just the remedy.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:29 AM   #2

if you are a user of manual focus lenses
they can make a good contribution
if not
its just the sort of thing that gets in the way

Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:06 AM   #3

Thanks for the quick response. You're right, I have a Konica Hexanon 50mm F1.7 and an OM Zuiko 50mm F1.8 that I've had issues with focusing. I thought it might eliminate some of those problems. As for Zuiko digital lenses, I've really not had any issues with the 50mm F2 macroor the 14-45mm zoom that came with the E500.

By the way, for what its worth, I really love the 50mm F2 lens. I bought it primarily to take pictures of my grandkids and am very pleased with the results. I've not taken it off the camera since I've got it.

you may be asking right now, If he's got a 50mm macro, why bother with the manual lenses? well, I'm a tinkerer and love to see what kind of results I can get with different combinations.

Anyways...thanks, again.

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:06 PM   #4

I'm probably going to get one soon, I have a sackful of old OM lenses that I'd like to play with again and an old Vivitar series 1, 600mm mirror lens (I posted a photo on a previous thread) that always gave me trouble focusing, The Oly split, focussing screen just couldn't keep up and would simply black out. It'd be even harder now with the focul length effectively at 1200mm.

It could live on the camera, it might even help with the auto lenses, just to check where I'm focusing in difficult areas.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote