Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 5, 2007, 8:11 PM   #1

I've been searching the web for shots from the Leica 25mm F1.4 and spotted a thread at dpreview askign about info on the lens (http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1022&thread=22741895) when i spotted these two links:

Oly E1 + Leica 25mm f1.4

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tengsama/tags/summilux/

DMC L1 + Leica 25mm f1.4

http://elitephoto9.zenfolio.com/p765...5324#754515047

The lens looks very sharp even wide open at f1.4, super smooth bokeh and lots of detail and at ISO 400 on the L1 the bike shots without flash look superb. The DOF on some of the shots is very shallow but its good to see what the lens is able to do in everyday user hands.

I can't understand how they can convert 1000USd = £750.00, should be closer to £500 at current exchange rates!! No sign of it in the UK yet and on another note regarding Panaleica SLR/lens roadmap there's supposed to be an article in this weeks amateur photographer in the UK.

Cheers

HarjTT

:? :O

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2007, 5:28 AM   #2

Hi HarjTT,

I was just planning on getting a good short prime and even considered one of the Nikkor AIS 28mm f2.8 Manual lense . Anything else that was available at that end was the Sigma 30mm f1.4.

But the Leica 25mm just seems like the perfect thing I'd want to have.

Just that I cant find where to buy it in UK ? Where did u get the pricing information from ? If the difference is too much then I'd rather have it imported from Cameta ?

Cheers,
--
Gagan
gaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2007, 3:00 PM   #3

Hi Gagan

I've not seen the Leica anywhere in the UK yet and if its priced at the £750 mark, then I'll be getting it from cameta as well, thats if they do it. The pricing info I saw in last weeks Amartuer Photographer mag, although there was supposed to be an update in this weeks issue from PanaLeica. It won't be my next lens - although its low light performance looks very good and from all the shots posted so far it looks excellent even wide open - better than the Sigma 30mm f1.4. For me the 12-60mm/Leica D14-150 or the new 50-200 is where my money will be going and again to cameta !

I'll let you know if I see it in the UK - in store or on-line.

Cheers

HarjTT

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2007, 4:01 AM   #4

Thanks a lot HarjTT
gaggu is offline   Reply With Quote