Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 6, 2007, 6:37 PM   #1

I've been a wee bit busy today building that < $10 macrostudio and the wireless flash setup with the FL50 and a set of cheap ebay wirless transmitter/recievers. I've also put together some home made snoots too. Here's the first set of shots -

All shots taken handheld with the E1 + 14-54ZD, FL50 (manual mode) + wireless remote:

1. Flower (taken about 3-5cm from front of the lens). I deliberately overexposed this one by 1 stop on the flash just to see what it would look like.

2. Profile - 3-5cm from the front of the lens:

3. My Watch

4. Top profile

5. Finally a shot of me with the home made snoot - the flash was sittign on a couple of cushions, while I was holding the E1 in my left hand.

Let me know what you guys and gals think. Comments and critiques more than welcome.

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2007, 7:03 PM   #2

Love the last one! Very creative.
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:41 PM   #3

hey Harj
thats great
the watch turned out really well

so did it cost $10 ?

Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2007, 9:03 AM   #4

Hi Guys

Thanks for the comments. I was very suprised who well they came out, although I gave up having to use the E1 on the tripod and swtiched to just going handheld - I just can;t get used to not using the LCD when the camera's on a tripod. Regards costs for putting it together - I'd say it was about $5 - I found the box (12*12*12) at home, bought some tracing paper and some tape and thats it. Not a bad setup for < $10 and the wireless kit was only $30 from ebay and they just work.

Now I need to sit down and plan a few wee little projects and see what I can come up with - esp with using the 383 as a second light source.

Cheers

:? :O

Old Apr 7, 2007, 9:18 AM   #5

hi Harj

you have any detail on this wireless flash Harj
I dont remember seeing anything of it

Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2007, 2:53 PM   #6

Hi Riley

I got the idea of the wireless flash setup from strobist.com - check out the all Lighting 101 basics which is just seriously good source of info and ideas. The wireless remotes I got off ebay for just $40 for a transmitter and 2 receivers. For the FL50 I ended up buying a Kaiser Hot shoe PC adapter for £6.00 and I know I am slowly getting my head around using the flash heads as strobe's - the FL50 is really easy to use in manual mode although the Sunpak 383 is still testing me!

Here's the link for the wireless transmitter:

http://cgi.ebay.com/16-Channels-Wire...QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers

HarjTT

:? :O