Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 24, 2007, 7:16 PM   #1

Hi,

I've noticed a couple of posts (this site and others) where someone has mentioned pre-ordering the E-510. I'm interested in purchasing it myself, but don't know how to go about pre-ordering it. Has this been done via a retailer or straight from Olympus?

I'm in Canada and the Canadian Olympus site doesn't seem to have that ability (neither does the American). I've called my local camera store and they said that currently there's no regional Olympus sales rep for my area so they don't have more information.

Also, does anyone have any more specific release dates other than June/July 2007? I was hoping to purchase it in time to take on my vacation during the first two weeks of July. Maybe pre-ordering will allow for that...

Thanks in advance for any info!
ShelliDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2007, 7:26 PM   #2

ShelliDawn wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I've noticed a couple of posts (this site and others) where someone has mentioned pre-ordering the E-510. I'm interested in purchasing it myself, but don't know how to go about pre-ordering it. Has this been done via a retailer or straight from Olympus?
I believe a pre-order needs to be from a retailer. B&H Photo Video (in the US) is the one I usually use - their prices aren't great but that's because they carry a huge stock of specialty items for photographers that you can't get anywhere else (like almost any filter, in any size, you can imagine) and that inventory costs money but is worth supporting if you need it.

Be advised though, that for an expensive item B&H tends to insist on a signature upon delivery, which is understandable but not convenient if no one is home during weekdays.

Ted

tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2007, 7:28 PM   #3

On Amazon.com you can pre-order a E-510 with a release date of July 10th. I don't know how firm that date is as it's probably subject to change.
satire23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:47 PM   #4

If you are at work, you might want to route the shipment to your company so that you know someone can sign it and you can pick it up from work.
Gandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:12 AM   #5

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I've contacted a few of my local camera stores about pre-ordering. A couple are taking orders and one says they're expecting them to be available in mid-June. Others say they don't know when it will be available and can't get any information out of Olympus. I've been told that the 2 lenses kit will not be available in Canada, but that they're looking at some sort of promotion/mail-in rebate program for the second lens.

So, nobody seems to know what's going on, including Olympus. [big sigh....]
ShelliDawn is offline   Reply With Quote