Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 22, 2007, 6:05 PM   #1

I posted a couple of pictures I took with the new 510 today at dpreview. Hope it's ok to post the link, I'll put some originals here this evening when I have a few minutes.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=23735245
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2007, 7:03 PM   #2

Hey Troop

Now those are cool - we know that the 510/410 are goign to be pretty produce some really good files. What lenses did you use and camera settings?? RAW or shot straight as jpegs? The kit or any of the Pro - such as the 14-54ZD ?

Cheers

Harj

:? :O

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:01 PM   #3

Those were done with the 40-150mm kit lens, camera on SHQ Jpg. I don't even own Photoshop or the Adobe version; I like to put images straight from the camera onto my monitor. I'll ocassionally play a bit with the color settings or sharpness in the Irfanview menu (which I use for resizing), but RAW is way too much work/time for me.

I'll probably get a 50mm f2 for portraits and macros, and somewhere in the future maybe a 50-200. But the kit lenses are pretty good for what I use the camera for. If the 13-180 gets good reviews, I might even get that and sell the kit lenses just so I can run with one and not have to change them much.

Getting this camera is like getting my first computer; it will do WAY more than I will ever know how to do!

I know I'm still blowing a lot of the highlights; trying to get used to what works and what doesn't with the E-510. One reason I almost bought the A100 was the ability to drop the EV but kick up the Dynamic Range setting and lighten the shadowed areas~that would have improved a couple of these a lot.

trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote