Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 25, 2007, 4:12 PM   #1

I can not see the picture in the LCD that i want to shoot.I tried all the butooms read the instruction and i can not see it.Please help
carloscespedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2007, 9:47 PM   #2

On thecamera back, left side, beside the LCD screen, is a row of buttons running from top tobottom. The very top button is a round button that says"up" which pops up the flash. Below that, the very next button is a square one with a GREEN triangle on it. This button cuts on thepicture review function of the LCD. You cycle thruyour photos by using the directions buttons (left, right, up, down) that surround the big "OK" button on the camera back to the right on the LCD screen.

The E-500 does not have live "pre-view". You can only review the photos already taken. If you want live preview before you take the picture, you need an E-510.

Hope this helps.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2007, 7:09 AM   #3

Thanks so much!I suspected it.but it is hard for me to look through the

viewfinder to take a picture and sometimes i do not notice the controls work properly for me will be better preview whatI was taken.I do not have then another solution to sell the camera and buy the one you specify .Thanks a lot.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 11:52 AM   #4

dSLRs, except for the Olympus E-330, E-410, & E-510 (and if you go back in time the E-10 & E-20) don't have live view...it's the nature of the beast; and many of us LIKE it that way, we use our head to help brace the camera.

If live view is a feature you like you should consider one of the above cameras.

Note that on the E-410/510 the live view is done with the mirror up, so in order to take a picture the camera has to flip the mirror down, focus, and flip the mirror up again to take the picture, so there is shutter lag in that regard (it isn't instant like later P&S cameras.

The E-330 has a second imager (internally next to the viewfinder) to overcome this (used in live view mode A, mode B is similar to the way the 410/510 do it). The mirror can be left down and the second imager generates the live view picture.

Suggest you read the reviews on these models and see what works for you, and then please post to the forum if you have any questions about live view.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2007, 12:04 PM   #5

Yor post is very clear I just bought the wrong item.This time requires and instant preview.I will follow with you next week I want to buy from you.Definitely.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 12:12 PM   #6

zig view is a lcd clip on screen for eye piece that works with any dslr and wont affect its picture taking, u can even get a cord and hold lcd screen in your hand away from the camera !!

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 6:19 AM   #7

Reanimator wrote:
Quote:
zig view is a lcd clip on screen for eye piece that works with any dslr and wont affect its picture taking, u can even get a cord and hold lcd screen in your hand away from the camera !!

Gary
Hi, Gary

That's an interesting product but from what I can tell on their web site they don't make one to fit Oly DSLRs.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 7:54 AM   #8

maybe u could mail them

dont think the oly eyepiece will be that different to anyother, maybe a trip to a camera store with cam so u could compare eyepiece with that of nikon or cannon

they come up on ebay for auction every now and then too

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote