Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 26, 2007, 11:15 AM   #1

i have this lens, and i love it!! yes it is a little heavy, and i carried it around seaworld and disney world, but i did get some cool shots. and i have been doing some soccer pics, which works great!

here is my question, i was shooting some kids and pro soccer, and it seemed likethe lens was a little slow on focusing, andmy timing was off. it was a bright sunny day, and the pics were not as sharp. but the battery indicator on the lcd never showed the battery to be low. i know i should have change to another battery, to see if that was the problem. did anyone else ever expierence this? i have an E-500.

thanks in advance, john
airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 26, 2007, 6:20 PM   #2

Hi John

I wish I had the 50-200 but at the moment I don't but as you know a few of the guys do but this is the first time I've heard of this happening. I wonder if Greg can shed some light on it. Just a silly question - how old is the battery ? Just wondering if its holding a full charge or not ?

Cheers

HarjTT

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 10:45 PM   #3

I just ordered a new 50-200 today from buydig...looking forward to getting it!
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 12:21 AM   #4

hi harj,

the battery is about 6 months old, also i have 3. i did use it all this month as we went to orlando florida for vacation. i do know that when you have a full charged battery the lens is very fast! i do love this lens alot! in the beginning it takes a little bit getting used to coming from the kit lens, because the dof is so narrow at the biggest aperture! specially at sports shots. here is a picture of my little dog to show how narrow dof.

i know its not cropped straight, i just wanted to show the dof. also i did set my exposure to -0.7 because the sun was to harsh.

and by the way it was kinda hard rolling on the ground trying to take pics of mylittle dog!

hahahahahahahaha
Attached Images

Old Jun 28, 2007, 9:05 AM   #5

sorry i didn't get back sooner, i have been working alot, i did put in a different battery ad its back up to speed! the battery i was having a problem with is the one that came with my camera. the ones that work normally are the cheap ones i bought from comp usa about a week after i got my camera. ayway just wanted to let you know! john