Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 7, 2007, 11:19 PM   #21

Thanks for the kind words. I'm working on getting better images with this camera without a lot of PP. I got the 50-200 about a week ago; dang, that is one large and heavy lense compared to the kit lenses!

It seemed as if when I was shooting in the 3.5 range I was getting a lot more blown highlights, which has been my primary problem with the 510. Maybe I need to drop the EV down to -2/3 to use it wide open in A mode.

Also, I have metering set to ESP without the +AF, and it seems to be better but not perfect.
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 4:41 AM   #22

Hi Troop

Keep up the good work mate and post a few shots from the E510+50-200 combo !

Cheers

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2007, 9:55 PM   #23

Please check this link for more of my frustrations. I would very much welcome any help with this, thanks.

All with metering in ESP mode but no AF, IS 1, Natural picture mode with contrast at -1 and all others at 0.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=23932426
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 6:57 AM   #24

Hi Troop

I had a look at those shots and I can see what you mean. Some of them are just fine but others are not what you'd expect from the 510+50-200 combo. Is there any chance that you could try shooting RAW, have metering to centre weighted and shoot say -1/3 to -2/3 and then post the pics so we can have a look ? I'm also wondering if you might want to do some kind of factory reset on the 510 ?

Cheers

Harj

:O :?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote