Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:05 AM   #1

i am kind of disapointed, not in the camera, but in myself! theE1 it is very fast! i wasn't prepared and i didn't get a chance to get my settings right, or at least what i think is right, and the humidity was fogging the lens pretty good. and i didn't shoot in a higer jpg mode. but it was early hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:07 AM   #2

here are some more

Old Aug 11, 2007, 11:18 AM   #3

Hi John

Nice to see the first shots from the new cam and theyre a lot better than my first month or so's worth! The first shot you posted is really good and I've yet to take anything close to it. How do you find the E1 compared to your E500 now that you've had a wee bit of time to test it out ?

Cheers

HarjTT

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 3:41 PM   #4

hi harj,

i really love the E1!! it is very fast, its amazing! i wish oly would continue to make them. i just need more time to figure out the buttons and settings. most of the pics i took this morning were from the passenger seat while my wife drove!! hahahaha except the lower angle shots and the first shot! i'm not used to bikes yet i'll work on positioning. but i love this camera!!
Old Aug 13, 2007, 12:48 PM   #5

well i was going through my pictures wondering why they were so soft, then i realized when we first started out in the morning i had set the iso to 800, then later on forgot to set it to 200, i checked the exif on my pics and i was getting exposure times of like 1/3200 and i'm thnking this thing is crazy fast!! hahahahahaha anyway, ill post some more shots when i get it dialed in, i also just updated the firmware to 1.4.

Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:39 AM   #6

Currently still with my E500 and thought of gettinga usedE1 from one of our forum's members. Claims on shutter @ 6k and asking for US $470.

Need opinions or feedbacks on the E1 in comparision to the E500. I mean from users.

Oh, BTW this E1 is to complement my existing E500 and to minimise the changing of lenses.

thanks

stevepow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 5:09 PM   #7

stevepow wrote:
Quote:
Currently still with my E500 and thought of gettinga usedE1 from one of our forum's members. Claims on shutter @ 6k and asking for US $470.

Need opinions or feedbacks on the E1 in comparision to the E500. I mean from users.

Oh, BTW this E1 is to complement my existing E500 and to minimise the changing of lenses.

thanks

hi steve,

there is a way to check to see how many shutter releases the camera has.

you can try this and then you will know for sure!

to check shutter count
1. press "play"+"ok" together
2. press the following button in order "up" "down" "left" "right" on the dial
3. fully press the shutter release button
4. press "up" on the dial

or you can go here

http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/...ad.php?t=10166

if he is telling the truth you will know, but if its less than what he says don't tell him or he'll want more money!!