Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 20, 2007, 3:43 AM   #11

HarjTT, hope I didn't sound like I was talking from the dark side. Just I found after shooting a lot of weddings that both the business man/woman and photo artist need to be at the wedding for everything to come out just right. Oh, almost forgot thistip, have fun while shooting.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 6:18 AM   #12

Hi cali

What you suggested was the best thing I think G can do - and it'll really help them all, much better to practice with the couple getting married and that'll give them a bit of practice for the big day as well.

Cheers

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 1:57 PM   #13

Going to do some Test shots this weekend with my niece and her future husband. Told them they did not have a choice.

When I get the LightSphere next week, I will go to where the reception is going to be held and take some sample shots there also.

I will be going to the wedding rehearsal also and just taking lot of shots then.
gwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 3:07 AM   #14

Hi G

Just wondering how the wedding day went ?? Hope you got some cracking shots!

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :?

Old Oct 2, 2007, 7:57 AM   #15

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Hi G

Just wondering how the wedding day went ?? Hope you got some cracking shots!

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :?

Hey,

Well I survived. It was an outdoor wedding. Not a cloud in the sky, Shots were GREAT.

Now the reception was a whole different story. I did test shots the night before, I asked them to set the lights as they would be at the reception. Got the settings where they needed to be and got some great shots. Now the next day, they decided to change what lights were going to be on and which ones off. So to say the Reception pictures are not the best. Will be busy in photoshop. They really are not to bad, just dark. I can fix that and run them thru Neat Image to get rid of a lot of the noise and they look pretty good. NOT GREAT, but good.

I do wish I had a 50 f2 lens. I know that will be one of my next purchases.

Oh, I did get the Lightsphere and LOVE IT.

Thanks again for all the links above and to everyone for all the info. It did help.

Old Oct 2, 2007, 4:52 PM   #16

Hi G

Happy to hear that you did a fine job for neice and we're just glad that we could help you out a wee bit. If you can it'd be mighty fine if you could pots a shot or two from the big day.

The 50mm f2 would have been useful, but in really bad light I don;t think anything will touch the 25mm Leica D f1.4. If money was no object I think the perfect setup with the current lenses would have to be the 35-100F2 - its fast and the focal range would have been just perfect, and 11-22 (for the wide/group shots) and the 25 F1.4 for low light and even the odd portrait.

:? :O

Cheers

HarjTT
Old Oct 2, 2007, 7:45 PM   #17

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Hi G

Happy to hear that you did a fine job for neice and we're just glad that we could help you out a wee bit. If you can it'd be mighty fine if you could pots a shot or two from the big day.

The 50mm f2 would have been useful, but in really bad light I don;t think anything will touch the 25mm Leica D f1.4. If money was no object I think the perfect setup with the current lenses would have to be the 35-100F2 - its fast and the focal range would have been just perfect, and 11-22 (for the wide/group shots) and the 25 F1.4 for low light and even the odd portrait.

:? :O

Cheers

HarjTT
Thanks HarjTT

Guess I will start taking donations for all the lenses. How much can I put you down for? LOL

Thanks again.

I will also get some pics posted soon. Still going thru everything.