Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 24, 2007, 5:54 PM   #1

Has anyone used the LightSphere II Cloud (or Clear)?

Cloud Version: http://store.garyfonginc.com/licl.html

I have an E-500 and the FL-36 flash

Just wondering if anyone could tell me a start point on the settings. I will have mine via UPS tomorrow. Going to do some heaving playing with it in the next couple of days as I have to do my Nieces Wedding this weekend. See my other post for more info on that.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=36

Also, they say for the FL-36 to "Push past inner baffle", what are they referring to?

Thanks

G

gwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25, 2007, 3:25 AM   #2
OCD

Report back!

I was on the verge of ordering a Cloud version last night. I've read the good reports but never used one, so I'll be interested in what you think. It does sound like the right sort of kit for the job. Don't forget extra batteries for the FL36 though, I imagine it will be working at high ouput for much of ther time.
OCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 4:18 AM   #3

Just don't exceed the duty cycle of the flash, or else you'll cook it!
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 9:43 AM   #4

Mikefellh wrote:
Quote:
Just don't exceed the duty cycle of the flash, or else you'll cook it!
What is the Duty Cycle for the FL-36? I can not find anything in the manual.

Thanks,

G
Old Sep 25, 2007, 9:45 AM   #5

OCD wrote:
Quote:
Report back!

I was on the verge of ordering a Cloud version last night. I've read the good reports but never used one, so I'll be interested in what you think. It does sound like the right sort of kit for the job. Don't forget extra batteries for the FL36 though, I imagine it will be working at high ouput for much of ther time.
I will let you know how it works. I just checked UPS and it's "OUT FOR DELIVERY"

As I am learning, just don't go by what my findings are to much if they are not GREAT as I am the one that probably screwed something up.

Also, just found out a local Photo Stuido is starting to offer classes. I missed the one that just started, so I am going to take the next one. I'm kind of excited about that.

Old Sep 25, 2007, 1:53 PM   #6

Ok, I have it.

If anyone has used one, I still would like to know what settings you seem to use the most.

But, from first use, it does what it says it will. It does make a nice difference.

Took a few quick shots of my mom. Her First comment on seeing it was "Oh look you put a Tupperware Bowl on your Camera".

Going to take some more test shots tonight and will upload them somewhere and post a link later.