Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Nov 18, 2007, 10:24 AM   #1

It looks as if the E3 is shipping in the USA/Canada already with some shooters over at dpr posting their first shots. Im sure it'll be in short supply atm.

BH Photovideo have it at 1699.00 but are currently out of stock.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_Camera.html

No sign of any kind of availablity in the UK just yet. From all indications UK stores won;t get the E3 until the last week of Nov, early December.

Cheers

HarjTT

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 18, 2007, 10:32 AM   #2

hey Harj
are you going to go for it, Im seriously thinking about it now.

Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 10:37 AM   #3

Hi Rob

I'm not sure about the E3 just yet, esp after splashing out all that $$$ on the 35-100F2 my wallets still trying to recover although it is tempting the crap out of me atm.

I'm curious to see what panaleica's pro cam will do so I may just hold off until then unless the E1 kicks the bucket and then I may not have a choice.

:O :?

Cheers

HarjTT

Old Nov 18, 2007, 10:50 AM   #4

yeah Harj, i was thinking that as i wrote it ! 35-100/2 not cheap
Im still waiting for all your wedding pics to load (still on dial-up out here lol) My needs are really expanding quickly, and i need more ambient light capability and the 7-14 for interiors. Still, tis the season to be jolly for real estate photogs and work is thick and fast untill the week before christmas.

It was going to be the 510 or E3, but I reckon E3 will do me better, its separate WB sensor (that you already have in E1) is really a requirement.

Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 1:52 PM   #5

I plan to buy the E3 but I'm planning to wait a bit, for 2 reasons: a) it would be good to see if the 1st production run is OK, and b) I need my company's Christmas bonus to even think about it after buying the 35-100F2 <grin>.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 2:22 PM   #6

Hi Ted

I think both of those are valid reasons for holding off just a wee bit and both equally apply to me (although theres no chance of a bonus where I am atm). I've been thinking about what reasons are their to upgrade to the E3 and for me, they are:

1. Bigger VF - I was amazed how big an EOS-5D's viewfinder is. It felt as if i was lookign through a bay window.
2. New AF - from looking at the E3 vid's, Oly have managed to really improve on this a lot. I'm finding my E1's left and right AF points are not working the way they should even with the 35-100F2.
3. High ISO - Being able to crank up to ISO1600 would be pretty sweet, although I know I'll try and stick to ISO100 -> ISO800.
4. IS - being able to shoot handheld with the "beastie" at slow shutter speeds without a tripod or monpod will be really useful, esp at full 100mm (200mm) when you can;t use flash.
5. Potentially better ergonmics with the bigger lenses but I already think the E1 has superb handling but I can see how the new design might improve the overall handholding experience.

Cheers

HarjTT

:? :O