Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Nov 25, 2007, 11:35 AM   #1

Hi All

I know Don and a couple of others were interested in getting the EC14 1.5x teleconvertor to use with their 40-150 lens and here's a we review that should help:

http://www.biofos.com/esystem/4015_tst.html

Unfortunately he hasn't done a test of the 70-300 just yet but I'd definitely keep an eye on that site.

Cheers

HarjTT

:? :O

PS.

Apologies for tha appalling spelling .....!
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2007, 2:40 PM   #2

Harj-

SLRgear gave the thumbs up to the new compact 40-150mm lens, ranking it better than the older version. From my point of view, I will do a bit of post processing to get and use the compact version of the 40-150mm lens. It is a perfect match especially with the E-410, which I also have.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2007, 2:43 PM   #3

Thanks for the link HarjTT. I don't mind the size of my old 40-150 andwith it being a little faster lens I'm happy with it. With the 2x factor on the Oly. cameras I just don't think I'll need the EC20 and it will save me 1 stop using the EC1.4

I just found out I have to have open heart surgery next Tuesday so I guess I'll be out for a while. Just in time for Christmas,O' well what can you do?

DonR http://donr.zenfolio.com/
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2007, 5:14 PM   #4

Hi Don

Mate I'm sorry to hear about the by-pass surgery but I'm sure you'll be in safe hands and everything will work out just fine.

I've been thinking about the TC's and lenses and I think the old 40-150 is more than good enough and if you want something better at a later stage I'd snap up one of the older/current 50-200f2.8-3.5 lenses on ebay esp after the new version turns up I'm sure there'll be some real bargains to be had. You'll have the TC 1.4 by then so you'd have quiet some reach with that little setup.

Fingers crossed for next week for you and I'm looking forward to seeing some really fab birding shots when you get back.

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2007, 9:14 PM   #5

I managed to get a copy of the new F 4.0 40-150mm lens. Thus far, I am impressed with the image quality. Here is one of the sample photos.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote