Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 1, 2007, 12:12 PM   #1

I haven't been feeling well since I got my E-1 but I finally got a few shots with it that I felt I could show. Hope you enjoy & CC is always welcome. I have never used a camera without IS and it's a whole different world. These are hand held, out of cameraand show that I need to practice.

DonR http://donr.zenfolio.com/

These first two are from just playing with White Balance and the 14-45 lens. I've always used Auto WBand never really realized it could make this much difference. These are two different shots with only a WB change.

The next couple arefrom my back yardwith 40-150 3.5-4.5

These three are from a lake near my house. All using 40-150

This is a Hospital across the lake, probably about a mile. Looks like I need to hold my camera level.

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2007, 9:03 AM   #2

Boy this is a tough crowd, 44 looks and no comments. I know they aren't much but Dang' fellows, they are my very first shots with a DSLR.

Old Dec 3, 2007, 12:43 PM   #3
Administrator

I looked at them over the weekend. I guess I really should comment more often.

I just found it odd that you didn't try incandescent (tungsten) white balance for that image of the lamp (unless you're using one of the energy saving flourescent bulbs in it). They were still cool looking shots.

It sounds like you're excited over having one. I probably would be, too. It's a very nice camera with super build and image quality.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 4:49 AM   #4

Jim,

That is one of the new flouresent bulbs. I was just playing with WB though.

Old Dec 4, 2007, 5:17 PM   #5

Hi Don

Apologies for not replying earlier but I've not had much time at home to check the forums over the last few days . I had a wee wonder over to your gallery and I'd forgotten what a really nice gallery it is and selection of shots that you'd taken with the FZ's.

I really like the first two shots and from those two I think you have one of the good copies of the 14-45 which can very closely match the mid-pro 14-54ZD in terms of sharpness, contrast and detail captured. Have to say its a very calming shot and nice to just look at.

Shots 3 & 6 in your gallery are exposed just spot on and the colours look really good and natural and I also liked no's 8 and 10. Some of the other shots were a wee bit overexposed but as you stated these are all just test shots. and you should have seen my first few months worth with the E1, esp as i was constantly comparing them to the FZ10.

My E1 at least over exposes by +1/3 or slightly more so I always underexpose and shoot in RAW.

My fingers are crossed for you and I wish that you'll come back safely from your op and show us all some wonderful pics from the E1.

Cheers

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote