Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 12, 2007, 3:08 PM   #1

....Rriley's post got me started again today, convincing myself that the E3 really is for me.

Since the weather in Arlington, TX USA is what it is today (a LOT of rain @ 40F) I have just been looking around for opinions/reviews and ran across this which I found rewarding in its presentation and content.

Perhaps you too will find it worthwhile, given you have not already seen it.

http://rwoutsidethebox.com/?page_id=91

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2007, 3:31 PM   #2

Hi Bob

Thanks for the link - the E3 is definitely on my shopping list I was hoping after getting th e 35-100F2 not to spend any money for a while but hey its Christmas! If you can get a chance to see it in the flesh really do, just don;t take any $$$ with you, f your just looking for now.

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 5:05 PM   #3

Harj,

...............I've not yet held the E-3 but soon I will run over to the very fine Arlington Camera store we have here in Arlington and take a look. BTW, I already have clearance from the family CFO, she says go for it. Which means I have a limited time to make the move before she doesn't remember saying so. hi! hi!

http://www.arlingtoncamera.com/shop/index.php?p=home

boBB

Old Dec 12, 2007, 7:00 PM   #4

pgmCoder wrote:
Quote:
....Rriley's post got me started again today, convincing myself that the E3 really is for me.

Since the weather in Arlington, TX USA is what it is today (a LOT of rain @ 40F) I have just been looking around for opinions/reviews and ran across this which I found rewarding in its presentation and content.

Perhaps you too will find it worthwhile, given you have not already seen it.

http://rwoutsidethebox.com/?page_id=91

Thanks for that post. I just received my E3 and I bought it because of the apparently improved high-ISO performance (and the in-body IS) so that review is comforting.

Ted

tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 9:17 PM   #5

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Hi Bob

Thanks for the link - the E3 is definitely on my shopping list I was hoping after getting th e 35-100F2 not to spend any money for a while but hey its Christmas! If you can get a chance to see it in the flesh really do, just don;t take any $$$ with you, f your just looking for now.

Cheers

Harj
Robert Watcher contributes to the Fred Miranda Alternative Gear board and I saw those images around there.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/593642

He makes some additional comments and shows examples of his work.

Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 1:38 PM   #6

Riley,
............tnx for the info re/ R.Watcher, that was refreshing and what good photos.

If I could make a photo by accident as good as those, and Mr. Gilbert with the E-300 too, I would be quite happy.

At least I have the E-300 piece but for lighting I just take what happens so maybe that is where I am missing so much... as if I did not already know that.. hi!

Please be sure to post some of your E3 takes, you too Ted.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 5:07 PM   #7
OCD

Well done on the E3 purchase guys!

I've had mine for about two weeks now and it is heaven. Easy to use, the live view is terrific especially on a tripod, and the results superb.

Despite its size over say the E1it doesn't feel so much bulkier in practice, only when side by side does it show up. I think this is because of the camerasergonomics and the balance when fitted with typical Oly lenses. The whole experience is refined and feels great. And the sensor has a clear advantage over previous Oly sensors.
OCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 5:25 PM   #8

............well, I heeded Harj's suggestion and left the money access media (check book) at home but I did go and get the E3 in my hands and by the time I left the store I was well satisfied that it is what I want.

I did not take a CF card or lens but I am going back with both to do some 'shooting' with the 14-54ZD, maybe the 50-200ZD too which on its own should look really good mounted, after which it likely will be $$$$ dollars time.

It will be my job retirement, get on with life, bonus...I've just decided it will, I retired last March.