Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:04 PM   #1

I tried briefly to get a couple of shots of the moon tonight. A combination of clouds scudding by and the cold kept it to a minimum. I was sliding around on my deck on last nights snow. I felt lucky to have got one off worth showing. Then the clouds shut me down

Not easy this moon business, is it?

E500, with the Vivitar catadiopic (mirror) series 2 lens 600mm (1200mm) f8.

The Katzeye was definitely a plus in focusing, getting the light was a bit of T&E one forgets how bright that thing really is.

At 400 ISO I was shooting at 1/320

This one is full frame.
Attached Images

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2008, 12:17 AM   #2

......I like this very much! You, the 500 and the mirror did well. Shooting the m00n (as in photo) is something I've never done.

tnx for posting

boBBrennan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:35 PM   #3

Thanks pg,

Just for interest, I took this with my OM2 almost 30 years ago. I don't have a real slide copier so I had to lighten it up somewhat but it was the same Vivitar 600 lens.

Goldendale Washington approx 8am after a long wild night celebrating with fellow togs and new age druids and a couple of hours 'sleep' in the back of a Volvo....!

Attached Images

Old Jan 17, 2008, 1:21 PM   #4

Scouse wrote:
Quote:
Goldendale Washington approx 8am after a long wild night celebrating with fellow togs and new age druids and a couple of hours 'sleep' in the back of a Volvo....!
............hey, sometimes we have to do what is needed if we are to get there, huh!

That is a good photo, I like it as is too since if it were a FULL cover it just would not be that interesting to me....thanks for showing it.

BTW, talk to your business partner again and go get the E3....right away, don't hesitate for rationalization, just take money with you and get it DONE!

I bought mine yesterday at our local camera shop...http://www.arlingtoncamera.com/ they lowered the price which paid the sales tax for it and I made tracks right over there. All along I wanted to buy the E3 at this shop and the 8% tax was worth waiting on. Instead of waiting any longer this was my 'job retirement, christmas, birthday, father's day and any other day'..... gift to myself.

I am keeping my E-300 close by for a while too , the E3 iwill be a challenge to me for now.
_________
boBBrennan
http://bobbrennan.smugmug.com/

boBBrennan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 7:13 PM   #5

pgmCoder wrote:
Quote:
Scouse wrote:
Quote:
............hey, sometimes we have to do what is needed if we are to get there, huh!

That is a good photo, I like it as is too since if it were a FULL cover it just would not be that interesting to me....thanks for showing it.

BTW, talk to your business partner again and go get the E3....right away, don't hesitate for rationalization, just take money with you and get it DONE!

I bought mine yesterday at our local camera shop...http://www.arlingtoncamera.com/ they lowered the price which paid the sales tax for it and I made tracks right over there. All along I wanted to buy the E3 at this shop and the 8% tax was worth waiting on. Instead of waiting any longer this was my 'job retirement, christmas, birthday, father's day and any other day'..... gift to myself.

I am keeping my E-300 close by for a while too , the E3 iwill be a challenge to me for now.
_________
boBBrennan
http://bobbrennan.smugmug.com/

CONGRATULATIONS Bob!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing pics and hearing about the experience.