Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 19, 2008, 9:56 PM   #1

....I have the flu! I have been sick since I bought the E-3 beginning of this week but today was the day to try it so we went to Great Wolf Lodge and snapped just a few.

I had only the camera and used the on camera flash, it is quite dark in the game arcades but this worked out. Not a great deal of thought went into using the camera, I just wanted to see some files from it.

I only did RAW and never gave a thought about converting so needed to load Oly Master 2 and suffer thru using that since no plugins are available yet for Therapee and my PS elem 4.0 is a forgotten software, so it was Oly to convert, then to PS EL 4 for finish up for some straightening and cropping.I did not mess with the files other than the conversion.

Firstgo with the E-3 / 14-54 ZDand I am excited to get well and go shooting!

This is a sample anda couple more may be seen here.

http://bobbrennan.smugmug.com/gallery/4194681#245122829

......tnx for looking

_________

boBBrennan

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2008, 8:48 PM   #2

Hi Bob !!

Kind a suprised me with the post but really good to see that you got the cam and posting a shot! Hows the e3 with the 14-54Zd, did read somewhere that it was noticably faster on the E3.

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2008, 11:17 PM   #3

............hi Harj

Getting the E-3 when I did kind of surprised me too. I retired from work last March and promised myself a camera upgrade as my gift to me for working 50 years (with the family CFO's blessing, she said OK!).

It seemed I would need to order it from where I've bought in the past, but I really wanted to buy from our local store. http://www.arlingtoncamera.com

This of course was going to cost me 8% more (sales tax) so all was just lingering thoughts, back and forth. Then last week Arlington Camera lowered the online price by $100 and honor all their online prices in the store. So I was to the store in a hurry to check it out and snap off a couple files with my 14-54 as well as the 50-200. The thing bit hold of my hand, it wouldn't let go, so I just brought it home and it now has a nice warm place and is loved much.

Really this worked out wonderfully for me to get the camera from my local store, a family owned store. I have been going in there off and on for 20 years mostly to browse and purchase lesser things, this was my second camera purchase there. Usually I do these things a day or so before learning of a better situation.... I am very happy!

As for how the gear all works together, whether better, same, or just different, I cannot say much at this point except to say the dozen or so files I've done are to me amazingly good.... AND the AF is so much faster than with my E-300. I will keep the E-300 (12900 shutter clicks) close by, I do have the original (OLD type) 14-45 & 40-150 which I've not used for the past 1 1/2 years. It will make a really good package for certain situations. I like having it there but can't say when I would use it again, my daughter uses NIKON, my granddaughter seems interested in photography and recently told of her pocket camera breaking........... what do you imagine, the E-300 maybe, we will see.

Oh! PULL the trigger on the E-3 and that is some rapid file creates compared to what I am used to. I do a lot of 3 to 5 bursting when shooting baseball games, the new burst rate will be really nice.

Well that is my story, not much information to you but I wanted to share how I came to get the camera on such quick action..... Now to learn using it.

I am anxious to hear of your E-1 activity this weekend.......... since I see no post from you yet tonight I am hoping you are busy PPing files. Let us know.

Last thing, have you seen my post about 4/3 adaptors with Leica R (and other) lenses? When I found that site, saw what it was about, I thought of you with your liking for Leica. My post is down just a couple from this one if you might be interested.

Old Jan 20, 2008, 11:19 PM   #4

......removed content due to double post!
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 2:20 PM   #5

Hi Bob

I did go and do another shoot this weekend and this time in a "studio". I'm still working on the files, so as soon as I have some worth posting I will.

Regards the Leica R lenses and adapters, if I hadn;t got the 35-100F2 I would have been fiddling around with a lens or two, as I was seriously hankering after a 50 and 90mm Summricron F2 lenses but the F2 has helped stop those thoughts for now.

Cheers

HarjTT

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote