Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 21, 2008, 9:57 AM   #11

And spending lots of money:lol:,,,those Zuiko lenses are expensive! So far, I already bought (but haven't received any),the Zuiko 35mm macro, Zuiko 14-54mm to replace the WA kit lens (considering how good the images I got from the Sigma and Tamron lenses were in terms of highlight clipping, it made be think that perhaps the kit lens may have something to do with the very limited DR) and the Sigma 55-200mm to extend my zoom range. I was thinking about getting the Zuiko 70-300mm but...I ran out of money. Not sure I'll keep the Sigma, though. I've read mixed reviews and if image sftness is as evident as I've been reading, then it will go back.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 1:02 PM   #12

Hi TULLIO

some fine shots esp with the Tamron and the Sigma 28mm looks pretty good to.

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :?

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 2:20 PM   #13

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, Scause. I was impressed as well specially considering that these lenses were not made for the 4/3 system. The moon shot was cropped and some contrast added in Picasaand then I used Neatimage to remove some noise. That was all. I'm not a Photoshop type of person so I tend to do minimum PP. If the image is not good out of the camera, I don't bother with it.

Thanks I was on line looking at that lens,you definately caught my attention....!

I'm a Picasa man also...!

Almost forgot, Love that avatar. I knew those guys way back in the early 60's when I worked as a bouncer in Litherland Town Hall and a couple of other places around the 'Pool.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2008, 4:52 PM   #14

Thanks, harjTT. I love that Sigma 28mm mini wide II lens. It used to produce great images with the K100D I used to have (glad I did not sell itwhen Imoved from Pentax toOly). The Tamron70-300mm works OK with the E510but I think I will eventually get the Zuiko 70-300mm. I'm also impressed by the E510+Pentax 50mm prime combo (see my othertopic). However, Ican't keep all these lenses (it does not make much sense anyway). So, I need to decide which ones to sell. The Pentax 50mm would be a keeper if the IQ was good at f1.7 but unfortunately it isn't.Therefore, having a fast lens is pointless. The Sigma 28mm has macro capabilities but for that I bought the Zuiko 35mm. It's a toss.

Scouse, I remeber watching Help 8 times intwo shots. I went to the movie theatre forthe 12 o'clock show on a Saturday afternoon and left at 8 in the evening. Then I repeated the dose on Sunday. Fun, fun fun!

Picasa is a simple and very intuitive image editor but it does have a lot of limitation. One thing I've been wishing for in terms of upgrade is to have Sharpness control via a slide bar. As is, the tool over sharpens most of the time. I've also started using Lightzone, which I find it to be much easier to understand and figure things out than PS.

Here's a macro shot taken with the Sigma 28mm lens. Image was cropped and processed with Neatimage to remove some noise.
Attached Images

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote