Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 29, 2008, 2:48 AM   #1

Enabled use of the Image Stabilization function with non-Four Thirds System interchangeable lenses by inputting a specific focal length now available in new firmware fix for E-3 and E-510.

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...10_1.3_ENU.pdf

Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2008, 5:08 AM   #2

Hi Riley

Thats very good news and I'm hoping the new firmware also resolves the OOF issues that some E3's have had.

Cheers

Harj

HarjTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:23 PM   #3

Thanks for the heads up. I've downloaded the firmware and am looking forward to trying it out this weekend using an OM135mm /3.5and anOM50mm/1.8.

This was the first time that I tried downloading a firmware update into my E-510 and have been somewhat reluctant to do that. Your post prompted me to get over my gitters...

thanks,

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:01 PM   #4

Hi Guys:

I'm surprised there hasn't been morehappy comments on this! Maybe I'm showing my age, but as someone who spent many years shooting with my OM2(n), and who still has it anda half dozen really good Zuiko lens, I jumped for joy when I saw the Olympus announcement. I have mywide angle, macro, fixed and zoom telephotos, plus prime lens.

Even now, currently owning several digitals, the best package of handling, size, and operation is still the old OM2. Too bad someone doesn't offer some kind of a replacement camera back with a built-indigital sensor. It would have made a great digital camera.

Steven R.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 2:45 AM   #5

Hi Steve

now thats a seriously cool idea - a FF sensor starting at 12-14MP like the Nikon D3's. I'm seriously looking at picking up a 50mm f1.4 manual lens for low light work as the 35-100 is just way to big to be carrying out on the street . I wish Oly had enabled FC in the update as that would have made it even more enticing to upgrade.

Cheers

Harj

HarjTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 5:49 PM   #6

Steven R wrote:
Quote:
Hi Guys:

I'm surprised there hasn't been morehappy comments on this! Maybe I'm showing my age, but as someone who spent many years shooting with my OM2(n), and who still has it anda half dozen really good Zuiko lens, I jumped for joy when I saw the Olympus announcement. I have mywide angle, macro, fixed and zoom telephotos, plus prime lens.

Even now, currently owning several digitals, the best package of handling, size, and operation is still the old OM2. Too bad someone doesn't offer some kind of a replacement camera back with a built-indigital sensor. It would have made a great digital camera.

Steven R.
somebody did
Leica had the DMR, which was a digital back for R SLR cameras. This was the only successful hybrid to come out of this well worn idea in 35mm.
In the end, the limitations to the film version equipment ultimately mean you are better off with 100% digital

Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2008, 6:08 PM   #7

Yes, I remember the old Leica R. It was a big, clunky camera. I was just daydreaming specifically about the sweet little OM2. I understand that it would never occur. It's just that every time I take out the old OM2, I realize howmuch betterit is to hold and handle compared to my digitalcameras.

Just a daydream.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote