Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 13, 2008, 1:54 PM   #1

Hi All,

Ran across this EBay vendor located in China that makes all types of adapters and anglefinders, etc. for Olympus D-SLR cameras.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:IT&ih=022

Reason for the question and post is that this vendor has available AF-focus confirm adapters available to fit the Olympus E series D-SLR cameras. Currently, I saw adapters for Leica, OM, Nikon, and Canon lenses to be able to be used on all of the E series cameras(except the E-1)

Pricing is quite reasonable-around $57.00 US.

I was curious if anyone has ever purchased and used one. I have a few OM lenses that I use on aE-510. AF confirm would really come in handy.

BTW, I ordered an anglefinder over the weekend from these folks. I'll let you know if it's any good.

zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:20 PM   #2

Hi zig

never seen this one before, as I thought the only product on the market that has been used and tested on any Oly is the "dandelion". I'm not sure I'd like to be the first to test one of those out. On a personal note, I really wish Oly had enabled AF confirmation on the new cameras, I'm sure it can be doen by a firmware update - I say that becuase Panaleica did it via a firmware update for the L1. Now that makes me wonder if the L10 has AF confirmation or not for older lenses ? If it doesn't I wonder how long they will wait before enabling it.

Cheers

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:31 PM   #3

Hi Harj,

I quite agree. I would prefer not to fiddle around with one of these but until such time as Olympus comes out with either a hardware(adapter) or firmwareupdate for AF confirm, we're left with trying outsolutions (????) from3rd partyentrepreneurs.

I must admit, as far as vendors found onEBay, I bought an OM lens adapter (w/out AF confirm) from "Cirrus" on Ebay last year. The quality was top notch and I think I paid around $25.00US

One recent event that gives me hope that Olympus is listening to it's existing customer base is the firmware update enabling IS fornon four thirdslenses. Frankly, that caught me by surprise - a most pleasant one at that. Perhaps they're listening still.

regards,

Zig

Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:12 PM   #4

Hi Zig-123

If you do deside to purchase item do let us know how it works.:?

Dangerous Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:34 PM   #5

Hi Brian,

I did indeed decide to "test the waters" and placed an order for an Anglefinder to fit the E-510. It was $32.95US. I thought that this might be a good item to test their product quality as a first step.

I'll post after I get the item.

regards,

Zig
Old Feb 23, 2008, 5:08 AM   #6

Yes I have bought 2 - split image focusing screens off the fellow. It has the small tab just like the E1 FSx screens. Later he had one with grid lines so thats how I got the second one.

The first one came within 2-weeks. China to the US. The second one I ordered was a bear. Not his fault but with China mail system. He answered my e-mails. He ended up sending it 3 times. At first I thought someone in my neighborhood received it our US postman makes mistakes sometimes but the neighbors usually drop of the mail to you.

Finally on the third try he paid more in postal fees an I know he made no money on that 2nd one I ordered. So he IS conscientious.

Ciao,
Lou Cioccio
LouCioccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2008, 11:43 AM   #7

Hi Lou,

Thanx for the reply.

I did end up ordering an anglefinder for the E-510 from this fellow. I ordered it on the 8th, he shipped it on the 11thand it came in yesterday. BTW, he sent it registered mail-maybe as a result of your experience.

I don't know how this compares with the Olympus VA-1 finder, as I've no access to one, but the build quality of this one is just fine for my needs. It works as it should.

My next step is to order an OM lens adapter to E-510 DSLRfitted with an AF Confirm chip. We'll see how that goes.

Zig
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:11 AM   #8

I ordered a Minolta Rokkor lens adapter to 4/3 from him the other day and got a shipped noitce yesterday. Acording to some of the people over at 4/3 Photo this is the only adaptor for the Rokkor lenses that they have been able to get that would focus to infinity. At $49.00 bucks for the adaptor I would hope so.

DonR http://donr.zenfolio.com/
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 8:49 AM   #9

Hi,

I hope you post your thoughts once you've had a chance to use your Minolta Rokkor on your Olympus camera. I've a few Olympus OM lenses as well as a Konica Hexanon lens that I use on my E-510 and am alwaysinterested as to how users of other lenses fare.

Old Feb 29, 2008, 3:55 PM   #10

hi. i know RJ, jinfinance, pretty well. i pushed him along in developing his minolta - 4/3 adaptor. hes a great guy, honest, trustworthy and stands behind his products.

i mainly use manual lenses on a e1 & have a large collection of rokkor, leica, zeiss, zuiko, vivitar, tokina, elicaretc.

the rokkors are well worth checking out. btw, before RJ's, the only adaptor available was from cameraquest @ $175. RJ spent alot of time & money developing his adaptor.

gwillys is offline   Reply With Quote