Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 23, 2008, 8:55 PM   #1

These were shot at ISO 1600 with noise reduction turned off, 1/400 sec at f5.6 in SHQ JPEG capture withmanual white balance set. There was also some cropping done to get closer than the lens could go from the upper deck.

"OK, who wants it?..."

As far as a goalie can stretch..

"The puck stops righthere"...

Scramble for the puck..

First goal of the game heading past the line..

Everyone's looking at it, but no one wants to touch it..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 23, 2008, 9:29 PM   #2

HI,

The photos are quite impressive givenan ISO of 1600. I'm getting a new found appreciation for that lens.

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2008, 11:43 PM   #3

Yes, I am very pleased with both kit lenses included with the E510. There are things that have to be addressed in some pics, like this one taken with the 14-42, where I used the Photoshop plug-in version of PTLens to straighten all the bowed line distortion at the wide end..

..and this one taken with the 40-150 at ISO 800 in the early evening that exhibited some corner shading, but again corrected in PTLens..

PTLens is about the best $15US I've ever spent on a software program, and it can make a big difference when used with lenses like this, which are excellent opticallybut are missing some corrections you havein the larger aperture/more expensive lenses.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 1:53 AM   #4

Very nice shots. You are a natural with compositions!

I agree that the optical quality of the "kit" lenses is very, very good. Especially the 14-42mm is close to the Leica 14-50 and Olympus 14-54mm in terms of sharpness (though not even close in terms of build quality). I use them whenever I want to travel light.

Jorgen
http://www.photoblog.com/jorgen

jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2008, 5:26 PM   #5

Hi Greg

These look even better than the first batch and you've nailed the WB. The kit lens with that wee bit of extra reach looks excellent and the building shots as always are just top notch. Thanks for tip regards PTLens, looks as if its a must have plugin for PShop.

Cheers

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2008, 9:51 PM   #6

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Hi Greg

Thanks for tip regards PTLens, looks as if its a must have plugin for PShop.

Cheers

Harj
Hi Harj,

Yes,PTLens even has a profile for the FZ50 and the Panasonic wide adaptor DMW-LW55. I used it to correct the bent line distortion in all the images I took in France with that combination. I've used it to clear up shading in the past with the 50-200 Zuiko shot wide open and the Panasonic LX2 to correct bent line distortion at the 28mm zoom setting. The uses are wide-ranging and take little effort...a couple of clicks and it's done.