Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 11, 2008, 5:58 PM   #1

....well, I am finally becoming comfortable with the E-3 when it comes to my passion for shooting high school baseball, particularly my grandson's team. He is the photo no.2.

Here are some from Saturday last. I am quite happy with these results and it seems OK is now pretty much the norm instead of the exception.

These all .. E-3 shutter priority w/50-200 ZD and auto ISO & WB, a very bright sun for the day.

....thanks for seeing these, baseball I know and love. Those other 'ball' sports I leave to others.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2008, 6:07 PM   #2

Great shots!

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 7:31 PM   #3

Hi Bob

Some fab sports/action shots - the pics look superb and you've got a nice mix of pics too!

Cheers

Harj

:O :?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 8:33 PM   #4

Great shots Bob!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 9:43 PM   #5

Hi,

All good shotswith my favorite being# 3- The shot of the cougarsbaserunner sliding into second base, kickingthe dirt up in the air just before the ball arrives in the fielder's glove is just a really great action shot - classic baseball!!

regards,

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:23 PM   #6

..........just got in from tonight's game, no pictures just a lot of fun watching two quite good high school teams play. Grace Preparatory Academy won too so that made the evening chill very tolerable We do have fun!

Thanks many times Ted, Harj, Greg and Zig for your comments. Learning the E-3 is a bit of challenge but I am beginning to trust my decisions and the results as well as your comments are positively rewarding.

Here is another file... a save from an out of focus thus bad everything else including the original composition. A cropping session and desaturation to BW caused a file that I really do like, it simply is an action shot one might fit a story to, any baserunning story would fit, whether runner was safe or out making no difference..

.....same second baseman but with some better photo features.

thanks again, good night all......... boBB
Old Mar 12, 2008, 12:16 PM   #7

All your shots are reallygreat action shots. Shot # 3 is my favorite. Auto IS works pretty well on the E-3. I'm still having trouble getting used to my E-510 but hopt to tame it soon.

DonR http://donr.zenfolio.com/
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 7:42 AM   #8

hi Don,

Thank you for taking time to comment, your statements are very much appreciated.

The rig I am using with the 50-200 can be a bit unwieldy when the wind gets busy but I find a monopod also too distracting when I have tried using it so usually I find easy ways for steadying the hardware when needed and those are the times I think of IS..... but all other times I don't even think of it. I do keep it on (station one(1)) at all times so there likely is some IS help along the way. I have most always done everything handheld and now too with the E-3.

Hey! keep shooting and the E-510 will be bridle broke in no time.

tnx agn,

Old Mar 14, 2008, 2:43 PM   #9

some real nice shots Bob!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2008, 11:43 AM   #10

Thanks John, much appreciated. I am now off to another game, it is Saturday and tournament time before starting conference play.