Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 19, 2008, 10:38 AM   #11

zig-123 wrote:
Quote:
My experience with going to see a professional sport is limited to seeing the Red Sox play in Fenway Park. Their policy is pretty simple they don't allow anything.

regards,

Zig

Now, this is disappointing. I harbor hopes of some day getting up there and making a game at Fenway. Three years ago I got to Chicago for a three game series at Wrigley Field, where there was a very lenient policy and I had no issue getting a DSLR outfit in.

Not even a point & shoot digicam?

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2008, 11:47 AM   #12

Greg Chappell wrote:
Quote:
Now, this is disappointing. I harbor hopes of some day getting up there and making a game at Fenway. Three years ago I got to Chicago for a three game series at Wrigley Field, where there was a very lenient policy and I had no issue getting a DSLR outfit in.

Not even a point & shoot digicam?

Hi Greg,

My experience at Fenway is based on my trying to bring a Dslr camera with me to the game. I was told that I could not. The ticket taker stated that I couldn't bring in any camera equipment. This was about 2 yrs ago. I haven't tried to bring in a p&sto any game since that incident.

Your question prompted me to look at the policy on the Red Sox' official website:

The "official" policy on the Fenway Park website states that cameras are allowed but cannot be used for commercial purposes or interfere with any other fans enjoyment of the game.

I can't explain why I wasn't allowed to bring the camera in. who knows?

Hope you get to go to a game at Fenway Park. The seatsatopthe "Green Monster" are unreal. With left field being so short, you think your playing in the outfield. Although, my favorite seats are behind the 3rd base dugout. You can hear and see everything. I imagine that Wriglyey Field must be very similar in that the fans are so close to the field.

regards,

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote