Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 19, 2008, 12:55 AM   #1

Took my wife over to the Olympic Rain Forest Beaches for her birthday, Oh and the camera, for it's first trip out this year.

Here's a couple of shots from our beach walks. Morning and evening.
Attached Images

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2008, 1:33 AM   #2

I did say "a couple" didn't I...?!
Attached Images

Old Mar 19, 2008, 6:45 AM   #3

Good morning Scouse,

Looks like the Sun popped out from behind the clouds long enough for you to take a couple of nice shots.

Very impressive landscape in the first one.

BTW, you mentioned in another post your desire to upgrade from an E-500 to the E-510. Having owned an E-500 then upgrading to the E-510, I can tell you that you'll really like the E-510. I too, bought it for the IS feature which really does work. But now find that I'm using live-view a lot more often than I had originally thought. Also, accessing and changing the various functionsthrough the LCD ( control panel) is a snap.

regards,:|

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2008, 11:41 AM   #4

zig-123 wrote:
Quote:
Good morning Scouse,

Looks like the Sun popped out from behind the clouds long enough for you to take a couple of nice shots.

Very impressive landscape in the first one.

BTW, you mentioned in another post your desire to upgrade from an E-500 to the E-510. Having owned an E-500 then upgrading to the E-510, I can tell you that you'll really like the E-510. I too, bought it for the IS feature which really does work. But now find that I'm using live-view a lot more often than I had originally thought. Also, accessing and changing the various functionsthrough the LCD ( control panel) is a snap.

regards,:|

Zig
Thanks Zig, nice praise coming from you. Both shots were with the 40-150. I was trying to do an Ansel Adams in the second one, in colour. I have a shot of his (B&W) from a California beach...trouble is, I'm not Ansel Adams!

I really appreciate the insight on the 510, I had a look through the thread you and the others had on it. So when the money is right.......and I have a birthday in May. I'll have to do it...

Old Mar 21, 2008, 5:15 PM   #5

Nice shots Scouse. I lean toward the second shot where the sun's rays are breaking thru the clouds. It's just enough to give a nice glow to the water in the foreground. I've been to Washington state a few times (Seattle area) and there is some beautiful countryside there. (I have to be honest and say that I don't remember seeing the sun more than one or two days.)

Steven R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 8:09 AM   #6

Hi Scouse

What a wonderful part of the world the PCNW is!!! Thanks for posting the pics - personally I like the first shot - the composition is just spot on. I'm hopefully planning a trip up to Portland and Seattle for later on in the year - finances providing.

"(I have to be honest and say that I don't remember seeing the sun more than one or two days.)"

Steve, weather wise the PCNW is very much like the UK - but they usually get a really crcaking summers and nicer landscapes!

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 2:18 PM   #7

Thanks guys.

Harj is pretty much right about the weather Steven, we do get some nice long 'sunny' summers. I'd argue about the 'better' landscapes, shall we call them different!, there's nothing better than a nice English landscape. I fixed up an old sailboat last year and I'm looking forward to taking my camera sailing this year.

Harj, I'd love to meet up with you if your trip and time allows you. I live a little north of Seattle and while Seattle has some really cool cityscapes, I'd enjoy taking you on a landscape day out (I might even learn something..:-))

Now I have to try that second shot as B&W...

Lousey old screen and bad light in the office here, but I tried this.....and No, I'm not Ansel Adams!
Attached Images

Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:11 AM   #8

Same here!
Attached Images

Terpentijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:46 PM   #9

Terpentijn wrote:
Quote:
Same here!
Hi Turps,

That poor tree. I'd like to see that shot again when the tree realizes it's spring and gets some leaves on it....:-)
Old Mar 27, 2008, 1:23 PM   #10

Hi Scouse,

Coming soon to this theatre. We had the coldest sprig for 40 years, tree is tying hard.

Terpentijn
Terpentijn is offline   Reply With Quote