Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 19, 2008, 7:50 AM   #1

Hi all,

Was sitting at my computer this morning andstaring out the window looking at the snow falling from a gray and foreboding sky and thought that I really need to escape this place. I'm so tired of Winter UGHHHH!

So went surfing on the net and looked at some of my favorite sites.

Anyways.... found that the gallery on John Foster's website has been updated with some really nice photos. For those who like to travel around the world without leaving the comfort of their home, you might take a peek.

http://www.biofos.com/quest/menu_7.html

:|

regards,

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2008, 9:18 PM   #2

Hi Zig: so you're tired of winter and need to escape? take a vacation and come on down to Florida. It's 75 and Sunny. :-)

Yesterday I drove over to St. Pete and did a leisurely walk throughthe botanical gardens. Took about 50 shots of the blooming flowers and trees. Then went to John's Pass and got some great shots of some very fat pelicans! When I get a chance to download, I'll post a couple to the forum.

Stay warm:!:

Steven R.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2008, 9:40 PM   #3

Hi Steven,

Funny you should recommend coming to Florida. I'm heading down to Key Colony Beach down in the Keys, the first week of April. I've a friend who I sponge off of/visit each winter. He and I fish each day-weather permitting- while the wives are off doing their thing.

The second week we'll be in Hobe Sound for a wedding. Never been there but I understand it's preety nice. That should be fun. When we get back home it will be the middle of April and the weather should have changed for the better up North by then.

Iplan on taking the E-510 with me this year and really concentrate on getting somedecent shots of the Keys sunsets/sunrises. I'm going to bring the 70-300mm and see if can get some wildlife shotswith that. Can't wait to go.

Looking forward to see your pics from the Botanical Gardens

regards,

Zig

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote