Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 22, 2008, 7:33 AM   #1

Hi Guys and Gals

There's a chance that I may sell a few street shots that I've taken to a restuarant in town and I'm not sure on:

1. How to price the pictures - I don't want to undersell the pics but neither do I want to over price them.
2. Do I reshot certain images as they may have been taken with my FZ10 (4MP) and might not scale up to A3+ too well
3. Pricing for additional prints

Any help in trying to work this out will be fab!

Cheers

Harj

:O :?

PS.

I've just did a shoot last night of the restaurant for my food stylist friend whose having an article printed in a french magazine. I was going to post pics but will hold off until I hear from her which pics the magazine has decided to use.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2008, 11:37 AM   #2

Hey! That is exciting news, I am happy for you, your street shots are terrific IMO for composition and theme(s).

As for pricing, how about some of the Smugger Pro accounts that show similar offerings. I don't have any in mind but if you can locate some that might could offer some thought.

I've never sold a photo but I did get excited recently when the city Parks and Recreation Department ask me for usage of my photos of a local nature preserve to be used in a presentation for parks planning in Arlington, I gave them the files.

Good fortune to you, keeps us updated.

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 2:55 PM   #3

Hi HarjTT
If the buyer wants a A3, PhotoZoom Pro™ 2 or similar program will do the job.
As for priceing thats a hard one if he just wants a 8" x 10" pic or the full jpg of the file or both. I would say £45 for 8" x 10" or if in nice frame when you sell it to him just double the price eg if a frame is £12.99 charge £25 + Print
hope this helps, good luck.
Dangerous Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 5:19 PM   #4

Hi Harj: Here in the states we have numerous Arts and Crafts shows in parks, etc. If you have those in London, then visit them and seehowthephotographers are pricing their products. It might give you some good ideas for the initial pricing of your shots.

Steve R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 7:07 PM   #5

Hi HarjTT
Another idea is to say to the resturent owner you will display photoes in his resturent with a price tag on them so any punter can buy them, you get the money he gets nice pics to display
just a thought might work !!
Dangerous Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 7:19 PM   #6

Hey Guys

thanks for the comments and ideas - all of them worth checking out. I know the Saturday/Sunday market in PDX was excellent for this kind of stuff. Brian - one of the Italian Restaurants near work regularly does the same thing, so I might just see what they say. I still don't hink I have anything that they would like but hey who knows!

Cheers

Harj

:O :?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote