Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 22, 2008, 8:32 PM   #1

I did another in studio shoot - it was supposed to be a glamour shoot but I changed it to something more my own style. Here's a few pics form the 2 hours:

1. Katie

2. Katie

3. Katie

Camera setting - ISO100, WB Flash, F7.1 @ 1/160s, RAW, Spot metering

Cheers

Harj

:? :G
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2008, 10:12 PM   #2

WOW, must be hard work being around such beautiful women for hours at a time!!

I really like shot number 3.

Steve R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 6:20 AM   #3

nice shots. your a lucky man.but wheres nancy??? lol

the best looking lady around here:

e1/rokkor 200 f4
gwillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 6:38 AM   #4

gwillys wrote:
Quote:
Y'know, I'm really starting to worry about you and those female animals, if you catch my drift...

Just kidding.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 6:40 AM   #5

Steven R wrote:
Quote:
WOW, must be hard work being around such beautiful women for hours at a time!!
Yeah. Here I am taking pictures of flowers - I obviously am missing the big picture. Maybe we need to grow beards...

Great shots, Harj!

Ted
Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:29 AM   #6

tkurkowski wrote:
Quote:
gwillys wrote:
Quote:
Y'know, I'm really starting to worry about you and those female animals, if you catch my drift...

Just kidding.
Ted
wellll, i moved here to rural south georgia a few years ago, and well...you know the old saying, when in rome....

seriously though, i've been trying to figure out a way to get some "model" types to pose. i have enough gear to set up a small studio & lots of beautiful young women around. HarjTT's got a great resource there, nothing like that around here.
gwillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 8:27 AM   #7

gwillys wrote:
Quote:
seriously though, i've been trying to figure out a way to get some "model" types to pose. i have enough gear to set up a small studio & lots of beautiful young women around. HarjTT's got a great resource there, nothing like that around here.
You can check with Harj, but I believe he started doing that work gratis so those models could add photos to their marketing portfolios. There may be girls who are model wannabes that would appreciate photos from you. An ad in the local papers?

Ted
Old Mar 23, 2008, 8:34 AM   #8

Hi Guys

Thanks for the comments and the banter thats followed!

The model for this shoot was provided by the studio. Katie's a pro model and I did take a few pics of her at the Nikon show in Nov 2007 and for this shoot I had to pay a fee - cheaper than if I had hired her and the studio seperately though.

Willy,s I was in the same boat - wondering how to find a model or two to work with and start building up some experience shooting portraits, fashion etc. Thats were I stumbled upon and then joined http://modelmayhem.com which is specifically for models/photographers/makeup artists etc who want collaborate on paidor for time for print/CD/DVD shoots/projects. I think thats the easiest way to find models, mua, stylists who have a range of experience who'd be willing to get together and work for images towards their portfolios. You could place a casting call on the site and I'm sure you;d get some responses pretty quickly. Thats how I found the models, hairstylist and mua for the project shoot.

I just did a quick search for models on the site in Georgia and theres a lot of models but I'd see what you can find when you specify the zip code as well. Should still bring up quiet a few - I'd find a model thats got experience and pay her for her time as she'll make it so much easier getting the kind of images that you want. You can then pass that knowlegde on to newer models. If there's a studio nearby you might also want to see if they hold a model shoot and book a 2 hour slot.

The only criteria for a photographer joining is that you need to provide 4-5 portrait shots and thats it. Let me know when you guys have signed up.

Cheers

Harj

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 9:31 AM   #9

...............oh my! I did not know it was that involved, instead I thought Harj had them calling for him AND if he keeps putting shots like this in HIS portfolio they will be calling for him.

Nice Harj, very nice............... I gonna keep to high school baseball and the grandkids.