Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:32 PM   #1

Azaleas, Dogwood, you name it, it's in bloom here. For the next 2-3 weeks I'll be making many trips into this area and taking advantage of what looks to be a great spring, unless we get a bad storm or late freeze, which was hard to imagine today since it was 83 degrees and humidwhile I was out there shooting these...

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2008, 6:16 AM   #2

Wow,

you guys are at least a month ahead of us here in the North. We won't be seeing any blooms until at least mid May.

All nice shots. My favorite is the Rhododendron. Nicely done and thanks for sharing.

regards,

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:38 PM   #3

Beautiful Greg. Number 2 & 3 are my favorites in that order. Where in Dallas are those flowers? I was over the other day and didn't see anything like that. I have to make another trip in a few days and was thinking of going to the Dallas Arboreteum. I've heard it's really beautiful.

DonR http://donr.zenfolio.com/
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2008, 12:56 AM   #4

The Arboretum is beautiful. I'm sure things are much more in bloom than they were not too long ago when I was there with this same outfit..

http://gmchappell.smugmug.com/galler...rVBV#260716618

Coming from where you are, the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens, locatedoff University Drive just north of I30, west of downtown, should be another place you visit.

The images I linked in this postwere shot in Highland Park, about 5 miles or so north of downtown. The streets, if you want to find them on a map, are Lakeside, Drexel Drive and Versailles. This area is teaming with blooming azaleas, Dogwood and Tulipsright now. In the next 2-3 days even more blooms will be out. The only thing that might put a slight damper is, we are looking at some possible severe weather/strong stormsSunday evening into Monday, so I've been going each day to get especially the white ones while they are still at their best.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote